Re: Requirements & F2F minutes update

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 15:15:43 -1000
To: Yassir Elley <yassir.elley@sun.com>
Cc: Blair Dillaway <blaird@microsoft.com>, Frederick Hirsch <hirsch@fjhirsch.com>, www-xkms@w3.org
On Thursday 09 May 2002 10:59, Yassir Elley wrote:
> Since I am not that familiar with W3C process, I'm not sure how much
> time it takes to proceed from Candidate Recommendation (CR) status to
> Recommendation status.

CR takes as long as necessary to satisfy the groups exit criteria, which is
usually "two interopable implementations over each feature." Fallside also
says that given the state of implementations tracking SOAP 1.2, there CR
will be of duration 0. In general, it's *not* on the order of magnitude
required by IETF process.

--
*Note: I will be attending the W3C AC and WWW2002 meetings from
May 5-10, and taking holiday from 13-16. I will not be as responsive