Re: I'll have salad with my key...

RE: I'll have salad with my key...Being able to request for <KeyID> element could also be useful. Could maybe <KeyBindingType> be a sub-element of  <ds:KeyInfo> ?

/Martin Aparicio
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Just
  To: www-xkms@w3.org ; 'stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie'
  Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 2:34 PM
  Subject: RE: I'll have salad with my key...

  I just want to be clear with this issue, and I also have an (potentially) interesting observation.

  As part of <Validate>, I can send a <Query> which is of type <KeyBindingType>.  The <KeyBindingType> also includes <ds:KeyInfo>.  Perhaps interestingly, the <Respond> element is restricted to names of sub-elements from <ds:KeyInfo>, in addition to the element <Private>.  I wonder if Joseph is asking that the element choices with <Query> or within <Respond> be extensible (his language suggests the former, but I wonder if he also means the latter).

  From what Stephen says below, <Query> is already extensible, since <ds:KeyInfo> is extensible. I presume <Respond> would be as well, for the same reason.

  Now, shouldn't <Respond> support subelements from <KeyBindingType> instead of <ds:KeyInfo>? For example, as it stands now, the client can't request whether or not the <ValidityInterval> or <KeyUsage> are returned as part of the <ValidateResult>. These are sub-elements of <KeyBindingType> and not <ds:KeyInfo>.

  Cheers,
  Mike