From what Stephen says below, <Query> is already extensible, since
<ds:KeyInfo> is extensible. I presume <Respond> would be as well, for the
same reason.

Now, shouldn't <Respond> support subelements from <KeyBindingType> instead
of <ds:KeyInfo>? For example, as it stands now, the client can't request
whether or not the <ValidityInterval> or <KeyUsage> are returned as part of
the <ValidateResult>. These are sub-elements of <KeyBindingType> and not
<ds:KeyInfo>.

Cheers,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Farrell [mailto:stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 12:43 PM
To: www-xkms@w3.org
Subject: I'll have salad with my key...

Joseph worried:
> The KeyBinding is not extensible, what if I want to query or return
> different trust semantics than those provided by XKMS?

Well, given that it contains a ds:KeyInfo and I can put my granny's
photo in there, what more do we need?

Stephen.

Stephen Farrell
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 881 6716
39 Parkgate Street,                     fax: +353 1 881 7000
Dublin 8.                mailto:stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com