RE: Issue 116

From: Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:25:27 -0800
To: Slava Galperin <slava.galperin@sun.com>, "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker@verisign.com>
Cc: "Www-Xkms (E-mail)" <www-xkms@w3.org>

So just to confirm the proposed resolution:

- The scope of KeyBinding ID is just the request message or just the
response message.
- It is not persistent
- KeyBinding ID is not used in matching rules to select target key
binding for XKISS and XKRSS

KeyBinding element in Reissue, Revoke and Recover requests is used as a
pattern to "identify" target key bindings by matching on the combination
on KeyInfo/KeyUsage/UseKeyWith values.

This still needs a few clarifications :

Should matching rule for Reissue/Revoke/Recover be the
    "exact" match
    or "superset" match :
        target.KeyInfo = request.KeyInfo and
        target.UseKeyWith "is-a-superset-of" request.UseKeyWith and
        target.KeyUsage "is-a-superset-of" request.KeyUsage
    or "any" match
        target.KeyInfo = request.KeyInfo and
        (isEmpty(request.UseKeyWith) or
nonEmptyIntersection(target.UseKeyWith,request.UseKeyWith)) and
        (isEmpty(request.KeyUsage) or
nonEmptyIntersection(target.KeyUsage,request.KeyUsage))

As a formal methods person I like the idea of giving the matching rules
as algebra...

I think we should go for the 'any' match rules.

Otherwise we should specify a match flag and specify values 'exact',
'any', 'superset' as described above. This would be for both the
QueryKeyBinding and the TemplateKeyBinding.

        Phill