Re: Standardization of WS-Eventing

IBM remains committed to use of the OASIS Standard WS-Notification 1.3 as
the interoperability standard for enabling a broad range of applications
that include publish/subscribe and event notification in the context of
business and complex event processing scenarios. However, we are
supportive of the W3C standardization of WS-Eventing because we appreciate
that some in the Web Services community are using it in certain domains
such as device management and we are interested in ensuring that such a
standard compose effectively with other Web services specifications
including WS-Notification.

Steve Holbrook
IBM AC Rep
IBM program director, emerging sw stds
USA: 1.877.251.8543 - Int'l: +1.801.607.3040

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2008AprJun/0150.html