Re: Semantic Web Services: Interest Group creation discussions

Hi Carine,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 02:43:01PM +0100, Carine Bournez wrote:
> If a WS-IG is created with a subgroup dedicated to "Semantic Web meets
> Web Services", what other subgroups would you like to see?

I don't know that a "subgroup" would be very useful here, nor of any
precedence in other IGs for them.  What did you have in mind?

IMO, IGs work best when interests are common, and subgroups may work
against that.  At least that's my initial impression to the idea.

>(and in which
> ones would you be interested?)

Me, I'm mostly interested in applying software architecture principles
to the study of various architectural styles that are, or claim to be,
suitable for large scale deployment.  As you probably know, I believe
there are major architectural flaws with Web services that will prevent
them from seeing much use on the wide-open Internet.

If "Reasoned bashing of Web services" is a subgroup, sign me up! 8-)

> The "semantic" aspects of WS are already in-scope in the www-ws mailing
> list and this list seems much more used for that kind of topics than
> other (more general) WS discussions.

Right.

> However, it seems to me that some of the topics developped in www-ws-arch
> (also public) could be brought to a WS-IG and benefit from that IG structure.
> Comments?

Sounds good.

MB