Re: Semantic Web Services: Interest Group creation discussions

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:43:01 +0100, Carine Bournez <carine@w3.org> wrote:

> However, it seems to me that some of the topics developped in www-ws-arch
> (also public) could be brought to a WS-IG and benefit from that IG
> structure.

I would like to endorse that idea.  www-ws-arch has served to some extent
as a general discussion group for web services meta-issues such as the
relationship between SOAP and REST, and (at least earlier in its
incarnation) the relationship between WS and the Semantic Web.  I would
like to move the big picture discussions, and analysis/advocacy of
leading/bleeding-edge approaches, to www-ws.

I personally enjoy these discussions, but wearing my WSA WG co-chair hat I
have to discourage them on www-ws-arch now that the WSA WG has an actual
document draft to focus on and less than a year left in its charter.  It
would be great if they took place on www-ws to energize the practical
development of alternative approaches to program-to-program interaction
over the Web.