Re: Transactions in DAML-S

From: <sam@ksl.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 21:09:31 -0700 (PDT)
To: m.turner@cs.keele.ac.uk, www-ws@w3.org

Hi Mark,

> Hi,
>
> Firstly apologies if this has been answered numerous times, I have read
> the document comparing DAML-S and BPEL4WS but did not feel that it was
> explicitly addressed. I was just wondered if DAML-S includes elements to
> describe long running transactions, similar to WS-Transaction/BPEL4WS?

Good question.  No it does not right now.  But there are plans to add
this functionality in the future.

> I am trying to compose a stack showing the different WS related
> languages and how they compare/overlap.

This sounds like a great thing to do.  I'd be happy to review the DAML-S
material (and other material), if you like.

> Thanks, and apologies if this has been covered previously,

No apologies necessary.  It was not covered.

> Mark
>

> --
> Mark Turner
> Research Assistant,
> Room CSc106, Department of Computer Science,
> University of Keele, Keele, Staffs, ST5 5BG, UK
> Email: mark@cs.keele.ac.uk

Sheila McIlraith, PhD                 Phone: 650-723-7932
Senior Research Scientist             Fax:  650-725-5850
Knowledge Systems Lab
Department of Computer Science
Gates Sciences Building, 2A-248       http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/sam
Stanford University                   E-mail sam@ksl.stanford.edu