W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > March 2007

RE: log-LocationTemplate2G-wso2-wso2.wsimsg

From: Rogers, Tony <Tony.Rogers@ca.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:49:48 +1100
Message-ID: <BEE2BD647C052D4FA59B42F5E2D946B35C9312@AUSYMS12.ca.com>
To: "keith chapman" <keithgchapman@gmail.com>, "Jonathan Marsh" <jonathan@wso2.com>
Cc: "www-ws-desc" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
If we are going for absolute URIs I think we require the // as well as
the scheme.
 
Tony Rogers
tony.rogers@ca.com <blocked::mailto:tony.rogers@ca.com> 
 

________________________________

From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of keith chapman
Sent: Wednesday, 14 March 2007 15:32
To: Jonathan Marsh
Cc: www-ws-desc
Subject: Re: log-LocationTemplate2G-wso2-wso2.wsimsg




On 3/14/07, Jonathan Marsh <jonathan@wso2.com> wrote: 

	Yes, I had to encode <>& when putting the data into XML.

	 

	For EncodedParameterAmp I see the following differences.

	Expected: ... %C2%A3 ...%26' ... path=2007/02

	            Actual: ... &amp;%23xa3; ... &amp;%27 ...
path=http:2007/02

	 

	For EncodedParameterSemicolon I see the following differences.

	            Expected: ... %C2%A3 ... ' ... %3B ... path=2007/02

	Actual:  ... %26%23xa3; ...%27 ... ; ... path=http:2007/02

	 

	For RawParameter I see the following differences:

	Expected: RawParameter#id

	Actual: RawParameter

	 

	For EncodedPath I see the following differences:

	Expected: ... %2A ... %C2%A3 ... %26' ... path=2007/02 ...

	            Actual: ... * ... &amp;%23xa3; ... &amp;%27 ...
path=http:2007/02 ...

	 

	Issues:

	1)    %C2%A2 vs. &amp;%23xa3;  This character tests extended
character sets.  It looks like you are XML-encoding the data prior to
URL-encoding it.  There shouldn't be any XML encoding in a URL.  I'm
pretty sure the expected values are correct here.

	2)    path=2007/02 vs. path=http:2007/02.  Looks like you just
have a typo in your source data.



Actually its not a typo, sorry I forgot to mention thin in the previous
mail. http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/ defines anyURI as follows and
the path element is of type anyURI.

"anyURI represents a Uniform Resource Identifier Reference (URI). An
anyURI value can be absolute or relative, and may have an optional
fragment identifier (i.e., it may be a URI Reference). This type should
be used to specify the intention that the value fulfills the role of a
URI as defined by [RFC 2396] <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#RFC2396>
, as amended by [RFC 2732] <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#RFC2732>
."

section 3 of RFC2396 states that

" This "generic URI" syntax consists of a sequence of four main
components:

 <scheme>://<authority><path>?<query>

 each of which, except <scheme>, may be absent from a particular URI." 


Which means that the scheme is needed. I just added "http:" to the data.
May be the test suite should be fixed.


	3)    ' vs %27: apostrophes SHOULD be encoded per the spec -
I'll fix this in the test suite.

	4)    * vs %2A: asterisks SHOULD be encoded per the spec - I
think you need to add this to the list of characters you encode.

	5)    %26 vs. & and %3B vs. ;  The query parameter separator
needs to be encoded.  So in both of these cases I think the expected
value is correct.

	6)    # in data.  I think you're right.  6.5.2 says {http
location} can't contain a fragment.  Adding one through the data is
therefore a case of GIGO.  We shouldn't be testing something like this
in the test suite.  The simplest solution is to simply drop the whole
operation, which I've done.  Note that that means we don't have any
tests of the new {!name} syntax - it's hard to think of ways to use raw
mode that can be transformed back into XML.  I've removed the
RawParameter operation and endpoint.

	 

	Jonathan Marsh - http://www.wso2.com <http://www.wso2.com>  -
http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com
<http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com> 

	 

	From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:
www-ws-desc-request@w3.org <mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org> ] On
Behalf Of keith chapman
	Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 1:51 AM
	To: www-ws-desc
	Subject: log-LocationTemplate2G-wso2-wso2.wsimsg

	 

	Hi Jonathan,
	
	I don't think the encoded URI's are consistent with the data.
The data is supposed to have &lt; , &gt;, &amp;. I suppose you wanted to
have <, >, & in there. May have to recheck that and the others too. 
	
	Thanks,
	Keith
	
	-- 
	Keith Chapman
	WSO2 Inc.
	Oxygen for Web Services Developers.
	http://wso2.org/ 




-- 
Keith Chapman
WSO2 Inc.
Oxygen for Web Services Developers.
http://wso2.org/ 
Received on Wednesday, 14 March 2007 05:49:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:46 GMT