Re: log-LocationTemplate2G-wso2-wso2.wsimsg

On 3/14/07, Jonathan Marsh <jonathan@wso2.com> wrote:

>  Yes, I had to encode <>& when putting the data into XML.
>

> For EncodedParameterAmp I see the following differences.
>
> Expected: … %C2%A3 …%26' … path=2007/02
>
>             Actual: … &amp;%23xa3; … &amp;%27 … path=http:2007/02
>

> For EncodedParameterSemicolon I see the following differences.
>
>             Expected: … %C2%A3 … ' … %3B … path=2007/02
>
> Actual:  … %26%23xa3; …%27 … ; … path=http:2007/02
>

> For RawParameter I see the following differences:
>
> Expected: RawParameter#id
>
> Actual: RawParameter
>

> For EncodedPath I see the following differences:
>
> Expected: … %2A … %C2%A3 … %26' … path=2007/02 …
>
>             Actual: … * … &amp;%23xa3; … &amp;%27 … path=http:2007/02 …
>

> Issues:
>
> 1)    %C2%A2 vs. &amp;%23xa3;  This character tests extended character
> sets.  It looks like you are XML-encoding the data prior to URL-encoding
> it.  There shouldn't be any XML encoding in a URL.  I'm pretty sure the
> expected values are correct here.
>
> 2)    path=2007/02 vs. path=http:2007/02.  Looks like you just have a typo
> in your source data.

Actually its not a typo, sorry I forgot to mention thin in the previous
mail. http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/ defines anyURI as follows and the
path element is of type anyURI.

"*anyURI* represents a Uniform Resource Identifier Reference (URI). An *
anyURI* value can be absolute or relative, and may have an optional fragment
identifier (i.e., it may be a URI Reference). This type should be used to
specify the intention that the value fulfills the role of a URI as defined
by [RFC 2396] <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#RFC2396>, as amended by [RFC
2732] <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#RFC2732>."

section 3 of RFC2396 states that

"This "generic URI" syntax consists of a sequence of four main components:

 each of which, except <scheme>, may be absent from a particular URI."

Which means that the scheme is needed. I just added "http:" to the data. May
be the test suite should be fixed.

3)    ' vs %27: apostrophes SHOULD be encoded per the spec – I'll fix this