W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > March 2007

Re: log-LocationTemplate2G-wso2-wso2.wsimsg

From: keith chapman <keithgchapman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:01:33 +0530
Message-ID: <b72c94b30703132131h3e6cf3f1j79778da7559fb1ad@mail.gmail.com>
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jonathan@wso2.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
On 3/14/07, Jonathan Marsh <jonathan@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>  Yes, I had to encode <>& when putting the data into XML.
>
>
>
> For EncodedParameterAmp I see the following differences.
>
> Expected:  %C2%A3 %26'  path=2007/02
>
>             Actual:  &amp;%23xa3;  &amp;%27  path=http:2007/02
>
>
>
> For EncodedParameterSemicolon I see the following differences.
>
>             Expected:  %C2%A3  '  %3B  path=2007/02
>
> Actual:   %26%23xa3; %27  ;  path=http:2007/02
>
>
>
> For RawParameter I see the following differences:
>
> Expected: RawParameter#id
>
> Actual: RawParameter
>
>
>
> For EncodedPath I see the following differences:
>
> Expected:  %2A  %C2%A3  %26'  path=2007/02 
>
>             Actual:  *  &amp;%23xa3;  &amp;%27  path=http:2007/02 
>
>
>
> Issues:
>
> 1)    %C2%A2 vs. &amp;%23xa3;  This character tests extended character
> sets.  It looks like you are XML-encoding the data prior to URL-encoding
> it.  There shouldn't be any XML encoding in a URL.  I'm pretty sure the
> expected values are correct here.
>
> 2)    path=2007/02 vs. path=http:2007/02.  Looks like you just have a typo
> in your source data.
>


Actually its not a typo, sorry I forgot to mention thin in the previous
mail. http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/ defines anyURI as follows and the
path element is of type anyURI.

"*anyURI* represents a Uniform Resource Identifier Reference (URI). An *
anyURI* value can be absolute or relative, and may have an optional fragment
identifier (i.e., it may be a URI Reference). This type should be used to
specify the intention that the value fulfills the role of a URI as defined
by [RFC 2396] <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#RFC2396>, as amended by [RFC
2732] <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#RFC2732>."

section 3 of RFC2396 states that

"This "generic URI" syntax consists of a sequence of four main components:

 <scheme>://<authority><path>?<query>

 each of which, except <scheme>, may be absent from a particular URI."


Which means that the scheme is needed. I just added "http:" to the data. May
be the test suite should be fixed.

3)    ' vs %27: apostrophes SHOULD be encoded per the spec  I'll fix this
> in the test suite.
>
> 4)    * vs %2A: asterisks SHOULD be encoded per the spec  I think you
> need to add this to the list of characters you encode.
>
> 5)    %26 vs. & and %3B vs. ;  The query parameter separator needs to be
> encoded.  So in both of these cases I think the expected value is correct.
>
> 6)    # in data.  I think you're right.  6.5.2 says {http location} can't
> contain a fragment.  Adding one through the data is therefore a case of
> GIGO.  We shouldn't be testing something like this in the test suite.  The
> simplest solution is to simply drop the whole operation, which I've done.
> Note that that means we don't have any tests of the new {!name} syntax 
> it's hard to think of ways to use raw mode that can be transformed back into
> XML.  I've removed the RawParameter operation and endpoint.
>
>
>
> *Jonathan Marsh* - http://www.wso2.com -
> http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com
>
>
>
> *From:* www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org] *On
> Behalf Of *keith chapman
> *Sent:* Tuesday, March 13, 2007 1:51 AM
> *To:* www-ws-desc
> *Subject:* log-LocationTemplate2G-wso2-wso2.wsimsg
>
>
>
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> I don't think the encoded URI's are consistent with the data. The data is
> supposed to have &lt; , &gt;, &amp;. I suppose you wanted to have <, >, & in
> there. May have to recheck that and the others too.
>
> Thanks,
> Keith
>
> --
> Keith Chapman
> WSO2 Inc.
> Oxygen for Web Services Developers.
> http://wso2.org/
>



-- 
Keith Chapman
WSO2 Inc.
Oxygen for Web Services Developers.
http://wso2.org/
Received on Wednesday, 14 March 2007 04:31:47 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:46 GMT