Dispatching GuaranteedFault (MessageTest-1G)

From: Jonathan Marsh <jonathan@wso2.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 21:56:50 -0800
To: "'www-ws-desc'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
There is an unfortunate interaction in MessageTest-1G, with the
GuaranteedFault and Send operations when bound to the GenericSOAPBinding.

These operations test the #any and #none content models.  Since the payload
can be any XML, or no XML, and there are no per-operation details specified,
these messages can't be property dispatched by Axis2.  The mechanisms we
typically use (wsa:Action, {soap action}, or unique GEDs, {http location})
aren't available.

The problem arises in that the test tries to simultaneously stress test
constructs like #any, #none, and generic bindings.  Testing these features
in isolation prevents the unfortunate interaction.

To solve this, I propose we untease these parts of the test, in the
following way:

1)      Remove the GenericSOAPBinding from MessageTest-1G.

2)      Create a new test GenericBinding-1G which binds the interesting
types of operations:

a.      in-out MEP

b.      in-out MEP with returned fault

c.      in-only MEP

d.      robust-in-only MEP

e.      robust-in-only MEP with returned fault.

I'm happy to do this work if the implementers agree it's useful.  Let's
discuss on Thursday.

Jonathan Marsh -  <http://www.wso2.com> http://www.wso2.com -
<http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com> http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com