W3C

WS Description WG telcon

19 Apr 2007

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Charlton Baretto, Adobe Systems
Allen Brookes, Rogue Wave Software
Roberto Chinnici, Sun Microsystems
Youenn Fablet, Canon
Ram Jeyaraman, Microsoft
Tom Jordahl, Adobe Systems
Jacek Kopecky, DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universitšt Innsbruck, Austria
Philippe Le Hegaret, W3C
Jonathan Marsh, Co-chair/WSO2
Jean-Jacques Moreau, Canon
Gilbert Pilz, BEA Systems
Tony Rogers, Co-chair/Computer Associates
Arthur Ryman, IBM
Regrets
Amelia Lewis, TIBCO
Asir Vedamuthu, Microsoft
Chair
Jonathan
Scribe
plh

Contents


<scribe> scribe: plh

Approval of minutes

Resolved: minutes approved

Action items

Review of Action items [.1].

?         2006-09-21: Jonathan to check periodically that SPARQL has 
                      added schemaLocation.
?         2007-01-04: Paul to report back on which test cases in the 
                      WSDL test suite fail the basic patterns, with
                      suggestions on how to address the issues.
DONE [.3] 2007-04-21: Jonathan to add Bugzilla links to the Home Page, including ed 
                      action queries.	
?         2007-04-21: Charlton to look at resolution of WSDL 1.1 element 
                      identifiers resolutions.
DONE [.4] 2007-04-21: Philippe to propose resolution for 4427.
DONE [.5] 2007-04-21: Philippe to investigate 4430.

Current Editorial Action Items
?         2007-03-15: Philippe to update the namespace documents upon PR
                      pub.
MOVED [.3] 2007-03-29: Part 1 Editors, Bug 4381 [.5]
MOVED [.3] 2007-03-29: Part 1 Editors, Bug 4421 [.6]
MOVED [.3] 2007-03-29: Part 2 Editors, Bug 4422 [.7]

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/actions_owner.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#public_drafts (see "Other documents") 
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007Apr/0032.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007Apr/0033.html

Jonathan: added some bugzilla links on the homepage

Administrivia

Jonathan: still working on WSDL 2.0 descriptions for existing HTTP
... Arthur and I checked those into the test suite
... last week we had the WSDL 2.0 in URIs item.

Philippe: I need to double check for this

<scribe> ACTION: Philippe to double check http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007Mar/0072.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]

issue 4427

Philippe: [summarizes the proposal]

"A WSDL 2.0 Infoset contains representations for a collection of WSDL 2.0 components that share a common target namespace and zero or more wsdl:import element information items 4.2 Importing Descriptions that corresponds to a collection with components drawn from multiple target namespaces."

Jonathan: s/corresponds/correspond/
... s/drawn//

<scribe> New text: "A WSDL 2.0 Infoset contains representations for a collection of WSDL 2.0 components that share a common target namespace and zero or more wsdl:import element information items 4.2 Importing Descriptions that correspond to a collection with components from multiple target namespaces."

Jonathan: objection to adopt the new text?

Resolved: proposal adopted.

Jonathan: we should mark the bug as resolved, once the editors integrated the proposal

Issue 4429

Jonathan: redundancy of asssertions.
... we resolved 4381 and those seem duplicate

Resolved: 4429 is a duplicate of 4381

Issue: 4431

Issue 4431

<Jonathan> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007Apr/0027.html

Proposed text: "Two component instances of the same type are considered equivalent if, for each property of the first component, there is an equivalent property on the second component, and vice versa.

Instances of properties are considered equivalent if they have the same type and their values are equivalent."

<Jonathan> Two component instances of the same type are considered equivalent if, for

<Jonathan> each

<Jonathan> property of the first component, there is a corresponding property with an

<Jonathan> equivalent value,

<Jonathan> on the second

<Jonathan> component, and vice versa.

Jacek: "for each property value" ?

<Jonathan> "for each property" -> "for each property value"

Proposed text: "Two component instances of the same type are considered equivalent if, for property value of the first component, there is a corresponding property with an equivalent value, on the secondcomponent, and vice versa."

Resolved: proposed text adopted

Issue 4430

Philippe: [summarizes the proposal]

Jacek: it talks about characters and looks like it can conflict, but the binding use replacement mechanism.

Jonathan: the main purpose of this is to refer to the appropriate section

<Jonathan> Note that the presence in this property of the characters

<Jonathan> "?" and "#" can conflict with those potentially added by the query string

<Jonathan> serialization mechanism, section 6.8.2, Serialization as

<Jonathan> "application/x-www-form-urlencoded", [WSDL 2.0 Adjuncts].

<charlton> looks good to me

Resolved: proposed text adopted. No action on interaction with CR157.

Issue 4434

Jonathan: the suggestion is to move the example before the last paragraph

Resolved: no objection to change the order

Issue 4435

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#RPCStyle

Jonathan: agreed. better move it with the first or fifth paragraph
... would rather have it lower in 4.1.

Jean-Jacques: switching 3rd and 4th paragraphs?

Resolved: we'll switch 3rd and 4th paragraphs in section 4.1 RPC Style

Issue 4436

Philippe: duplicate of "An Interface Operation component conforming to the RPC style MUST obey the constraints listed further below." ?

Jonathan: we need to keep the fact that RPC only works with XML Schema language
... we could strike the early part of the sentence: "Furthermore, the associate messages MUST conform to the rules below, ..." and turns pagagraph 2 and 3 into a single paragraph."

Tom: do we need to change that anyway?

Philippe&Jean-Jacques: ok with proposal

Resolved: Jonathan's proposal is adopted.

Issue 4457

<scribe> ACTION: Philippe to fix the references [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]

Issue 4458

Jonathan: could be a bug or a feature request
... would like to know how to support both application/x-www-form-urlencoded and application/sparql-query in the query operation

Philippe: you can't have more than on whttp:inputSerialization within the same binding operation

Jonathan: nope. you can put multiple media type in it, and it's up to the client to pick one

<jjm> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2006Sep/0007

<scribe> ACTION: Philippe to look into issue 4458 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]

Issue 4468

Proposed: s/is set/is not set/

Resolved: adopted

<Jonathan> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2007Mar/0010.html

Issue 4458

Jonathan: they'll have to invent an extension to indicate some other kind of serialization for application/sparql-query in the case when they use #element or #any
... since the default is application/xml
... we could close the issue against our spec
... and I'll follow-up with them

Resolved: close issue 4458 with no action, Jonathan will follow-up with them

Next steps

Jonathan: no more issues and last call ended on Sunday
... I was able to write a description of flickr, but it has limitations
... but authorization would need a policy
... atom publication protocol, google publishing protocol
... we have Arthur bugzilla one
... I'll play with that
... add the keyword "resolved" in the issues list

Interchange format note

Jonathan: ok to retire it?

Arthur: ok

[adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Philippe to double check http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2007Mar/0072.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Philippe to fix the references [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Philippe to look into issue 4458 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/19-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.128 (CVS log)
$Date: 2007/04/19 16:27:06 $