sparql-protocol-query.wsdl

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 15:38:56 -0700
To: <public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Interop testing has revealed an oddity in the sparql-protocol-query.wsdl
file that we have in the WSDL 2.0 test suite.

The WSDL and the schemas associated with it generally use the
xs:import/@schemaLocation attribute to provide a hint as to where to
fetch the schema.  Some of our implementations leverage this facility to
locate the schema components (as in the first xs:import below).
However, in one instance (the second xs:import of
sparql-protocol-query.wsdl), no schemaLocation is provided.

            <types>

                        <!-- the SPARQL XML Results Format namespace -->

                        <xs:import
namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/sparql-results#"

                                    schemaLocation="result2.xsd" />

                        <!-- the W3C XML Schema types for SPARQL
Protocol -->

                        <xs:import

namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/09/sparql-protocol-types/#" />

            </types>

The schemaLocation attribute is of course optional, and we could mandate
additional mechanisms in our test framework to deal with it (e.g. add a
catalog file).  However the single omission looks more like a mistake to
me than a deliberate design choice.  Is the omission of schemaLocation
deliberate?  If all other factors are equal, would you consent to adding
it?

 [  Jonathan Marsh  ][  jmarsh@microsoft.com
<mailto:jmarsh@microsoft.com>   ][  http://spaces.msn.com/auburnmarshes
<http://spaces.msn.com/auburnmarshes>   ]