Inline schemas with no target namespace

From: Ramkumar Menon <ramkumar.menon@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:50:12 -0700
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org

Hi All,

Would appreciate yor thoughts on the following.

Section 3.1.2.1 of the Core Langage spec says
"WSDL 2.0 modifies the XML Schema definition of the xs:schema element
information item to make this attribute information item required".

There is a scenario where I have an existing XSD that I am intending
to re-use while designing the WSDL. The XSD has no target namespace,
and has a bunch of elements and attributes defined within it. What it
also does is to import a couple of XSDs that have a non-null target
namespace. the wsdl intends to define the message parts to point to
one of the nodes defined in the imported XSDs within the nonamespace
XSD. The nodes that had been directly defined in the no-namespace XSD
are not used by the WSDL, but are consumed by other applications.
In this case, do yo think that it would be "really" invalid to inline
such an XSD into the WSDL ? I was wondering that atleast
theoretically, this should be possible. The question is - "Do we need
to make some statements around this in the spec" ?

regards,
Menon.

--
Shift to the left, shift to the right!