Re: Must XML schema elements by imported in WSDL 2.0?

Lawrence,

Based on Arthur's proposal [1] and the minutes of the concall in which
the decision was taken [2], it seems that the WG never intended to
waive the requirement that a xs:import or xs:schema be present when
referring to elements defined in the XML Schema namespace.

Thus, I'd like to propose as a resolution that we change the text of
assertion Schema-0016 to read:

"A WSDL 2.0 document MUST NOT refer to XML Schema components in a given
namespace unless an xs:import or xs:schema /element information item/
for that namespace is present, with the exception of references to
built-in type components defined in [XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes Second
Edition], for which no xs:import or xs:schema /element information item/
is required."

For clarity, we should also add to section 3.1 a statement to the effect
that references to elements defined in the XML Schema namespace are
treated as ordinary references; as such, a xs:import or xs:schema EII
is necessary. (No RFC 2119 keywords here.)

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/0027.html
[2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Oct/att-0060/20051027-ws-desc-minutes.html

Thanks,