W3C

Web Services Description
8 Jun 2006

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Charlton Baretto, Adobe Systems
Allen Brookes, Rogue Wave Software
Roberto Chinnici, Sun Microsystems
Glen Daniels, Sonic Software
Paul Downey, British Telecommunications
Anish Karmarkar, Oracle
Jacek Kopecky, DERI Innsbruck at the Leopold-Franzens-Universitšt Innsbruck, Austria
Philippe Le Hegaret, W3C
Bozhong Lin, IONA Technologies
Jonathan Marsh, Co-chair/Microsoft
Jean-Jacques Moreau, Canon
Vivek Pandey, Sun Microsystems
Gilbert Pilz, BEA Systems
Tony Rogers, Co-chair/Computer Associates
Regrets
Youenn Fablet, Canon
Amelia Lewis, TIBCO
Arthur Ryman, IBM
Asir Vedamuthu, Microsoft
Chair
Jonathan, Tony
Scribe
Vivek

Contents


implementer's call

<Jonathan> ACTION: somebody to create a testcase for an unknown extension wsdl:required=false [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]

<TonyR> ACTION: somebody to create a testcase for an unknown extension wsdl:required=true [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action02]

<TonyR> ACTION: Arthur to write test cases for messages and message exchanges for a simple WSDL (eg: an echo web service) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]

approval of minutes

<pauld> interop event, our WG page links to the logistics page which links to registration

3.  Review of Action items [.1]. 

?         2005-07-21: Pauld to write a proposal for a working group 
                      report for requirements for schema evolution 
                      following closure of LC124 
?         2006-03-30: Marsh to make XSLT improvements for RDF
                      publication. 
?         2006-04-20: Glen to flesh out a model for runtime test
                      scenarios. 
[.4]      2006-04-27: [interop] Arthur to add the expected assertion
                      violated by each "bad" test case. 
?         2006-05-11: [interop] Chairs to invite XFire to join this 
                      call per Tom Jordahl's suggestion 
?         2006-05-11: [interop] Jonathan to look into how to create 
                      SOAP 1.2 services with .NET. 
[.3]      2006-05-18: Amy to write a proposal for CR029.
?         2006-06-01: [interop] Arthur to add wrappers to the schema.
?         2006-06-01: [interop] Arthur to put parent, features, properties
                      in the base schema.
?         2006-06-01: [interop] Jonathan to add sorting of soap modules,
                      http/soap headers.
?         2006-06-01: [interop] John to file issue whether {rpc signature}
                      should be OPTIONAL (4.1.1).
?         2006-06-01: [interop] Jonathan to publicize interop event.
DONE      2006-06-01: Arthur to review the WS-A spec in light of 
                      his CR022 proposal.

Current Editorial Action Items
 - none -

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2]. 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/actions_owner.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0016.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0007.html

CR022

Arthur not available

<scribe> No progress made so far

CR029

Amy's proposal

<TonyR> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006Jun/0016.html

Jacekk: Its a good idea

<TonyR> RESOLUTION: adopt Amy's proposal for CR29

No objection

CR032

Tony: CR032 adopted. DaveO might want to object later but very unlikely.

CR037

Arthur not persent

CR044

charlton: volunteer to review the text

<TonyR> ACTION: Charlton to review the text appropriate to CR44 to ensure that it is adequately explanatory [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]

CR045

Jacek: soap requires all the body and header to be namespace qualified

<TonyR> ACTION: Paul to address the issues in CR45 regarding schema without namespace [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]

CR047

<TonyR> ACTION: Gil to write a response to the raiser of CR47 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action06]

<TonyR> RESOLUTION: Close with no action

CR048

<JacekK> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0104.html

<TonyR> RESOLUTION: close with no action - has already been explained to the commenter

CR049

<JacekK> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0131.html

<TonyR> RESOLUTION: close with no action - has already been explained to the commenter

CR050

<JacekK> ACTION: JacekK to respond to Jonathan re: CR050 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action07]

<TonyR> RESOLUTION: close with no action

CR051

RESOLUTION: Accept the proposal by Jonathan

<scribe> closed

CR052

Deferred to next call

CR055

<TonyR> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2006May/0087.html

<TonyR> ACTION: Jacek to write a clarification to Arthur's proposal, explaining that BindingFault is correct, not BindingFaultReference [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action08]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Arthur to write test cases for messages and message exchanges for a simple WSDL (eg: an echo web service) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Charlton to review the text appropriate to CR44 to ensure that it is adequately explanatory [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Gil to write a response to the raiser of CR47 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: Jacek to write a clarification to Arthur's proposal, explaining that BindingFault is correct, not BindingFaultReference [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: JacekK to respond to Jonathan re: cf050 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: Paul to address the issues in CR45 regarding schema without namespace [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: somebody to create a testcase for an unknown extension wsdl:required=false [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/06/08-ws-desc-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2006/06/08 17:05:38 $