RE: URI comparison

From: Rogers, Tony <Tony.Rogers@ca.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:45:31 +1000
To: "Youenn Fablet" <youenn.fablet@crf.canon.fr>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Cc: "Arthur Ryman" <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Without referring to any authoritative source, I would have thought that the terminal slash was an error. (I fully expect to be beaten to death with a 600 page standard for saying that, of course)

Given that we now have examples in our test suite showing both versions (even if one is officially incorrect), I wonder if we should mandate a bit of canonicalisation of URIs (perhaps guaranteeing the presence or absence of a trailing slash, lowercase for the prefix, simple stuff like that). I can see this coming up over and over again.

Tony Rogers
CA, Inc
Senior Architect, Development
tony.rogers@ca.com