RE: {rpc signature} REQUIRED when rpc style is not specified?

From: Yalcinalp, Umit <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:50:25 -0700
To: "Arthur Ryman" <ryman@ca.ibm.com>, "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Cc: <public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>, <www-ws-desc-request@w3.org>
FWIIW, sounds reasonable to me.

	From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Arthur Ryman
	Sent: Monday, Jul 17, 2006 7:08 PM
	To: Jonathan Marsh
	Cc: public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org; www-ws-desc@w3.org;
	Subject: Re: {rpc signature} REQUIRED when rpc style is not

	Arthur Ryman,
	IBM Software Group, Rational Division
	phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
	assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
	fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
	mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca
"Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org

07/12/2006 02:26 PM

{rpc signature} REQUIRED when rpc style is not specified?

	AIUI, this fulfills AIs assigned variously to me and John
	Section 4.1.1 of the Adjuncts specifies {rpc signature} as a
required property.  Per our recent clarifications, this will appear in
the component model whenever the implementation supports the rpc
extension.  Thus, even if the {style} property does not include the
rpc-style uri, the {rpc signature} property will appear.  No default
value is supplied either.
	Instead, I believe it would be cleaner to make the {rpc
property} optional, and state that when the rpc style is engaged, the
property MUST appear.

	 [  Jonathan Marsh  ][  jmarsh@microsoft.com
<mailto:jmarsh@microsoft.com>   ][  http://auburnmarshes.spaces.msn.com
<http://auburnmarshes.spaces.msn.com/>   ]