Re: {rpc signature} REQUIRED when rpc style is not specified?

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:08:17 -0400
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Cc: public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org, www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
+1

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
07/12/2006 02:26 PM

<public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org>
cc
<www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Subject
{rpc signature} REQUIRED when rpc style is not specified?

AIUI, this fulfills AIs assigned variously to me and John Kaputin.

Section 4.1.1 of the Adjuncts specifies {rpc signature} as a required
property.  Per our recent clarifications, this will appear in the
component model whenever the implementation supports the rpc extension.
Thus, even if the {style} property does not include the rpc-style uri, the
{rpc signature} property will appear.  No default value is supplied
either.

Instead, I believe it would be cleaner to make the {rpc property}
optional, and state that when the rpc style is engaged, the property MUST
appear.

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#InterfaceOperation_RPC_Signature_Definition

 [  Jonathan Marsh  ][  jmarsh@microsoft.com  ][