Re: Built in XML Schema types

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:46:47 -0500
To: Lawrence Mandel <lmandel@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
Lawrence,

Good point. Certainly a type would be present it it was referenced by a
QName. However, since there are a finite number of XSD types, it would
make sense to regard these as always present. This is a minor correction
to the spec so it should be tracked as CR issue.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
01/17/2006 05:09 PM

www-ws-desc@w3.org
cc

Subject
Built in XML Schema types

While working on the Woden implementation of the WSDL 2.0 component model
I came across an implementation detail that isn't spelled out in the spec.
I'd like some input from the working group.

Section 3.1 of the WSDL 2.0 spec states that the XML schema types are
built in to WSDL 2.0 and do not have to be imported. Should these types be
available from the type definitions within the Description component? i.e.
In a WSDL 2.0 component model implementation, should I be able to access
these types from the type definitions on the Description component?

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@ca.ibm.com