Re: Schematron for meps

From: Ramkumar Menon <ramkumar.menon@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:09:10 -0800
To: "paul.downey@bt.com" <paul.downey@bt.com>, "Youenn Fablet" <youenn.fablet@crf.canon.fr>, www-ws-desc@w3.org
Youenn/Paul/All Gurus,

Missed this email by a few days ! Thanks for bringing this up. I have
quickly updated the schematron with around 12 assertions from my end, and am
attaching it with this email.

Overall, I had a few concerns.I am not sure how we can use Schematron when
you have document import/include scenarios, and you have components that are
defined within nested "includes". Also validating cross referenced
QNames/components [that cd be defined in different XML documents] is
something I do not know.
The only way I cd think of is through usage of custom XPath functions to be
used within the schematron that enable this kind of a resolution. This is
just an very early thought I have. Please pardon my ignorance if I am wrong.

I have referred to a few of these custom xpath functions within the sch file
attached.
For instance, I wd assume the usage of functions like
custom:resolveBinding(QName) that returns a binding node within a specified
QName in the current and all imported/included documents.
So, generically, we wd have functions like custom:resolve<Component>(QName
of component) that returns a node corresponding to the component in the
model that has the specified QName.

Similarly, we also need a custom functions on the lines of the XSLT function
document() that is capable of building a document that includes all the
"included" documents in the main document.

But I am not sure what it means to refer to these custom functions in a
normative schematron for WSDL. If it makes sense, great! and Merry
Christmas, or else well, Merry Christmas :-)
Do let me know your thoughts on this.

rgds,
Ram

--