{http location} ignored on SOAP request-response MEP?

From: Jonathan Marsh <jonathan@wso2.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:20:27 -0800
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
I was just looking at Adjuncts 5.10.4 [1], and see that for the SOAP
request-response MEP the immediate destination is "the value of the WSDL
y-Endpoint.address> } property of the Endpoint
nt-Endpoint>  component."

For the SOAP response MEP the immediate destination is "the value of the
WSDL {address
y-Endpoint.address> } property, modified by the {http
l#property-BindingOperation.httplocation>  location} property following the
rules described in section
_http_x-www-form-urlencoded> 6.7.2 Serialization as

>From this I infer the {http location} is ignored for the SOAP
request-response MEP, including (after CR114 closure) the use of in-only and
robust-in-only WSDL MEPs.

Is this intentional?  I recall discussing using URI templates with POST,
where the body would contain the full data and the URI might carry some
duplicates.  Also, disabling {http location} for POST seems quite unRESTful.

If this is simply an editorial mistake, then we should copy the {http
location} handling text above into the SOAP request-response MEP

Jonathan Marsh -  <http://www.wso2.com> http://www.wso2.com -
<http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com> http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com