W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > October 2005

Agenda: 6 October 2005 WS Description telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 12:44:40 -0700
Message-ID: <37D0366A39A9044286B2783EB4C3C4E8441564@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Oct/0003.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Jeff Mischkinsky, David Orchard, Dale Moberg, Umit Yalcinalp,
      Jean-Jacques Moreau, Bijan Parsia, Rebecca Bergersen, 
      Charlton Baretto, Asir Vedamuthu, Roberto Chinnici

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Sept 22 telcon [.1].
  - Sept 26-27 FTF [.2], and summary [.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/att-0039/20050922-ws-desc-minutes.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/att-0067/20050926-ws-desc-minutes.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0067.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].

?         2005-06-16: Amy to provide test cases for MEPs not described
                      in Part 2, due 2005-07. 
?         2005-07-21: pauld to write a proposal for a working group
                      report for requirements for schema evolution
                      following closure of LC124 
?         2005-09-22: Marsh will look at section 5.6 in relation to IRI,
                      due 2005-09-26. 
DONE [.4] 2005-09-22: Glen will reword sentence in 5.9.1, 
                      due 2005-09-26. 
?         2005-09-26: Arthur to figure out how to treat built-in schema
                      types. (LC315), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: DaveO to draft a response and send to the WG.
                      (LC335), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Arthur to draft above as a proposal to be able to
                      close this issue (LC344#5), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: editors to look at sections 4.2 & 4.3 of part2 and
                      see whether the first sentences (paragraphs) are
                      no-ops. (LC344#5), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Roberto to change the order of the union in the
                      schema in 4.1.2 to match the order in the prose.
                      (LC344#5), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Arthur to look for simplification options for
                      comment 12 of 344. (LC344#12), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Jonathan to point his out when it gets implemented
                      (LC344#13), due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Sanjiva and Roberto to investigate defaulting with 
                      interfaceless bindings (LC333), due 2005-10,06 
DONE [.3] 2005-09-26: Hugo will write up the resolutions for review 
                      (LC345), due 2005-10-06.

Current Editorial Action Items
?         2005-07-21: Arthur to add stable identifiers for each
                      assertion, due 2005-09-26.
?         2005-09-26: editors to fix the first paragraph of section 4 
                      ... does not make sense at all right now. 
                      (LC344#5), due 2005-10-06.
?         2005-09-26: Editors to add a sentence saying {address} is
                      optional because it could be defined by other 
                      means, such as an WS-A endpoint reference or maybe
                      the scenario does not require an address. 
                      (LC344#13), due 2005-10-06.
?         2005-09-26: Editors fix "Case Elements NOT cited" in 6.8.1.2
                      header to be "Case of elements NOT cited" (LC345),
                      due 2005-10-06. 
?         2005-09-26: Arthur to reword references in 5.3 to avoid 
                      confusing WS-addressing endpoint references
                      (LC346), due 2005-10-06.

Note: Editorial AIs associated with LC issues recorded at [.2].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/actions_owner.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0063.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0052.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
 a. Upcoming FTF Nov 9 (joint) 10-11 Tokyo
    - Registration [.1] (now closed - any stragglers?)
    - Logistics [.2] (hotel registration closes Oct 9th.)
    - Headcount for Wed event? [.3]
 b. RDF Mapping publication status [.4]
    - Issue tracking?  E.g. [.5]
 c. Test Case issue tracking [.6, .7]
 d. Assertion Table in Part 1 [.8]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Jul/0018.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/5/nov-f2f.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Oct/0002.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/att-0046/wsdl-rdf.html__charset_ISO-8859-2
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0051.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0042.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0056.html
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Sep/0017.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Issue LC301: {soap action} granularity [.1]
  - Response [.2] to Jonathan's mail to the WS-A WG [.3].
  - Tom disagrees [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC301
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0064.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0003.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0066.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Issue LC304: Definition of a IANA media type token [.1]
  - Proposal from Hugo [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC304
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0024.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue LC338: limitations of {http output serialization} [.1]
  - Does LC337 resolution take care of this? [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC338
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC337

-----------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue LC345: POST & application/x-www-form-urlencoded 
                 serialization [.1]
  - Proposal from Hugo [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC345
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0063.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Splitting out the HTTP Binding 
  - At the FTF there was a groundswell of support for splitting the HTTP
    binding out and running it through a third Last Call.  I said we'd
    consider it at a telcon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue LC329: editorial comments on WSDL 2 part 2 - adjuncts - 
                 last call draft? [.1]
  - Depends upon LC319 [.2], which is now closed.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC329
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC319

-----------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue LC342: Typos (Adjuncts) [.1]
  - Glen's proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC342
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Sep/0052.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue LC333: WSDL 2: binding defaults not component model
                 properties? [.1]
   - ACTION: Sanjiva and Roberto to investigate defaulting with 
             interfaceless bindings.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC333

-----------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue LC344: LC ISSUE: Editorial points [.1]
  - Proposal (#5):
    - remove "it is an error" 
    - copy the stuff from section 6: if things compose you might 
      get yourself in trouble
    - styles are optional extensions 
    - ACTION: Arthur to draft above as a proposal to be able to 
              close this issue.
    - ACTION: editors to look at sections 4.2 & 4.3 of part2 and 
              see whether the first sentences (paragraphs) are 
              no-ops.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC344

-----------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue LC347: Interface definition [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC347

-----------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue LC348: Minor errors in adjunct schema [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC348

-----------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue LC349: editorial: part 2 section 2 beginning [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC349

-----------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue LC350: Editorial: Part 1, Introduction [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC350

-----------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue LC351: Editorial: Part 2, XML Namespace Table [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC351

-----------------------------------------------------------------
19. Issue LC352: Bug in RPC Signature Extension Schema [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC352

-----------------------------------------------------------------
20. Issue LC353: What is a valid WSDL component model? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC353

-----------------------------------------------------------------
21. Issue LC354: typo in http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20/#rfc2119keywords
                 [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/lc-issues/#LC354
Received on Tuesday, 4 October 2005 19:44:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:37 GMT