RE: anyURI simplification

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:48:52 -0700
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>, "WS-Description WG" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Any admonishment to use an absolute URI in the pattern or binding type
is part of the WSDL component model, so a generic XML processor with a
base other than the default that I mention that finds a relative URI
will create an incorrect URI.    And when is a generic XML processor
going to be able to do anything with a pattern or binding type URI in a
WSDL document?  We can't even do much schema validation right now, as
there are sooo many rules for generating the component model.  What is
the use case for a generic xml processor getting the "correct" uri when
the rest of the component model won't be correct or created.

I think we're either in the component model business or not, and the
group has decided it is.  So let's hit the 80/20 case.

As for using a union type, I'd rather not use tokens but prefer to use
URIs for identifying things.

Seems to me like we are saying the same thing, that is allow a token in
the instance.  Where we differ is whether a URI is always generated or
not.

Dave

  _____