W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > May 2005

Agenda, 19 May 2005 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:29:38 -0700
Message-ID: <7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A5079557F6@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005May/0035.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Jean-Jacques Moreau, Anish Karmarkar, Jeff Mischkinsky, 
      Ugo Corda, Jacek Kopecky, Roberto Chinnici, Glen Daniels, 
      Bijan Parsia, Tom Jordahl

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - May 12 telcon [.1]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/att-0044/2005051
2-ws-desc-minutes.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?*        2004-11-11: Anish to propose additions to the test suite for 
                      the purpose of interoperability testing, 
                      due 2005-05-12.
?         2005-03-31: Marsh to take on (or recommend closing) Bijan's AI
                      to produce a component/property table via XSLT, 
                      due 2005-05-28.
?         2005-04-21: Pauld to craft, publish Common Schema structures
                      to WG for review for publication as WG Note, 
                      due 2005-05-28. 
?         2005-04-21: Hugo to continue to look at IRI style/URI style,
                      due 2005-05-26. (LC74a)
?*        2005-04-22: Umit to write an alternate proposal, 
                      due 2005-05-19 (LC117)
?*        2005-04-22: Amy to provide examples for the advanced section 
                      of the primer. Amy to send them to Kevin and test 
                      materials to Arthur, due 2005-05-19. (LC61c) 
DONE [.5] 2005-04-22: Arthur to investigate the Schema Designators and 
                      come back with a proposal, due 2005-05-19. (LC64) 
?*        2005-04-22: Amy to investigate a solution, due 2005-05-19
                      (LC74c)
?*        2005-05-05: Umit to writeup a simple proposal to make {safety}
                      as an extension, due 2005-05-19. 
?*        2005-05-05: Sanjiva to writeup a proposal for LC71, 
                      due 2005-05-19.
?         2005-05-12: Glen to add scoping example to primer, due ?. 
DONE [.3] 2005-05-12: Marsh to ask charlton to send his comments to WSA
                      except the wsdl11/20 terminology comment, due 
                      2005-05-12. 
DONE [.4] 2005-05-12: Marsh to add MEP template as LC128, due 
                      2005/05/12.

Outstanding editorial work:
DONE [.6] 2005-04-21: Hugo to define frag id extensions for 
                      soap:header, http:header, soap:module. (LC80)
?         2005-04-28: Arthur to introduce specialized markup for 
                      components and properties.
DONE      2005-05-12: JJM to incorporate Glen's LC18 suggestion. 
?         2005-05-12: Primer editors to remove section 7.1.2 - we don't
                      define scoping rules for extension elements.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing-comments/2005Ma
y/0076.html
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issue.html#LC128
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0041.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0035.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Upcoming FTF dates:
   - May 31 - June 1 Berlin
     + Registration [.1].  Logistics [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/wsdf2fberlin5/
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/5/jun-f2f.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Incoming Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
  - The description of wsdli:wsdlLocation attribute is limiting
    (Editorial Item) (Umit) [.3]
  - What is the purpose of #none? (Umit) [.4]
  - wsdl:description/@name mandatory? [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0032.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0051.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0054.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Editorial issues
  - Following issues have been completed by editors - proposal to close:
    + LC121 [.1]
    + LC127 [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC121
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC127

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue LC64: URI References for Schema Components [.1]
  - Proposal from Arthur [.2].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC64
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0041.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue LC90: XML Schema comment on WSDL 2.0 [.1]
  - Proposal from Arthur [.2].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC90
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0042.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue LC80: XML Extension Components are not Described [.1]
  - Component designators for extensions [.2, .3].

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC80
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0035.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0057.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue LC75c: Remove {safety} property [.1]
  - Awaiting proposal from Umit.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75c

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue LC71: default interface/operation/@pattern [.1]
  - Awaiting proposal from Sanjiva.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC71

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue LC124: Support of evolution of messages described in Schema
                 1.0 [.1]
  - Start sketching out problem and solution spaces.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC124

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. MEP-related issues:
  - LC79: Make sure in-only mep is supported in wsdl soap12 binding [.1]
  - LC101: message level binding? [.2]
  - LC102: What is the SOAP MEP for In-only [.3]
    + Start discussion, see whether Async TF plans to propose solutions

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC79
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC101
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC102

-----------------------------------------------------------------
14. Proposals addressing formal objections.
  - Operation Name Mapping (Sanjiva) [.1]
  - F&P (Glen) [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0134.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0069.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Operation Name Mapping issues
  - Review ONMR rewrite as Best Practice [.1]
  - Issue LC82: Operation Name Mapping Requirement Bug [.2]
  - Issue LC84b: Operation Name Mapping Requirement has the wrong
                 granularity [.3] Proposal (Hugo) [.4]
  - Issue LC84c: Operation Name Mapping Requirement doesn't go far 
                 enough [.5]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20.html#Serv
ice_OperationName
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC82
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC84b
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0035.html
[.5] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC84bc

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue LC75x: Complete or remove App D [.1]
  - Need a volunteer to make a proposal

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75x

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue LC74a: I18N Comments, WSDL 2.0 Part I (partial) (a) [.1]
  - URI Style vs. IRI Style
  - Awaiting action from Hugo

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC74a

------------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue LC117: Problem with Service References:
               elementFormDefault="qualified" prevents restriction [.1]
  - Awaiting actions from Umit, response from WS-A WG?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC117

------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Issue LC74c: I18N Comments, WSDL 2.0 Part I (partial) (c) [.1]
  - Awaiting action from Amy.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC74c

------------------------------------------------------------------
20. Other issues as time allows.
  - LC75j
  - LC89j
  - LC98
  - LC114
Received on Wednesday, 18 May 2005 01:11:06 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:36 GMT