W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > May 2005

Agenda, 12 May 2005 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:10:38 -0700
Message-ID: <7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A5077F7888@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005May/0023.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1a. Membership change: Charlton leaving webMethods, observer today.
 b. Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Youenn Fablet, Jean-Jacques Moreau, Anish Karmarkar, 
      Jeff Mischkinsky, Ugo Corda, Jacek Kopecky, Roberto Chinnici,
      Glen Daniels, Bijan Parsia, Tom Jordahl

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - May 5 telcon [.1]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/att-0024/2005050
5-ws-desc-minutes.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?*        2004-11-11: Anish to propose additions to the test suite for 
                      the purpose of interoperability testing, 
                      due 2005-05-12.
?*        2004-12-03: Glen and Asir to help craft the specfic text for
                      the editors (LC18), due 2005-04-13.
?         2005-03-31: Marsh to take on (or recommend closing) Bijan's AI
                      to produce a component/property table via XSLT, 
                      due 2005-05-28.
?*        2005-04-21: GlenD to check scoping (Section 7.2) references,
                      due 2005-05-12. 
?         2005-04-21: Pauld to craft, publish Common Schema structures
                      to WG for review for publication as WG Note, 
                      due 2005-05-28. 
?         2005-04-21: Hugo to continue to look at IRI style/URI style,
                      due 2005-05-26. (LC74a)
?*        2005-04-22: Umit to write an alternate proposal, 
                      due 2005-05-12 (LC117)
?*        2005-04-22: Amy to provide examples for the advanced section 
                      of the primer. Amy to send them to Kevin and test 
                      materials to Arthur, due 2005-05-12. (LC61c) 
?*        2005-04-22: Arthur to investigate the Schema Designators and 
                      come back with a proposal, due 2005-05-12. (LC64) 
?*        2005-04-22: Amy to investigate a solution, due 2005-05-12
                      (LC74c)
?         2005-05-05: GlenD to write - to see replyTo default to 
                      anonymous URI - comment to WS-Addressing WG, due 
                      2005-05-11. 
DONE [.3] 2005-05-05: Marsh to send a note to WS-A that more comments 
                      will come, due 2005-05-11. 
DONE [.4] 2005-05-05: Asir to enumerate what is pending for LC97, due ?.

?         2005-05-05: Umit to writeup a simple proposal to make {safety}

                      as an extension, due 2005-05-19. 
DUE?      2005-05-05: Sanjiva to writeup a proposal for LC71, due ?.

Outstanding editorial work:
?         2004-11-10: ? to remove ambiguity if it exists (ONMR-related)
?         2005-04-21: Hugo to define frag id extensions for 
                      soap:header, http:header, soap:module. (LC80)
?         2005-04-28: Arthur to introduce specialized markup for 
                      components and properties.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-addressing/2005May/0008.ht
ml
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0027.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Upcoming FTF dates:
   - May 31 - June 1 Berlin
     + Registration [.1] closes May 11th.  Logistics [.2]
     + MEP TF-related issues: LC79, LC101, LC102
     + XML Schema-related issues: LC90, LC124
  b. Pub status (May 10th)
     - Brief party if all goes as expected.
  c. WS-Addressing LC review [.6, .7].
   - Charlton, Jacek [.8] to review

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/wsdf2fberlin5/
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/5/jun-f2f.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/NOTE-xml-media-types-20050502/
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0172.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0002.html
[.6] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-ws-addr-core-20050331/
[.7] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-ws-addr-soap-20050331/
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0003.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Incoming Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
  - MEP Template (Amy) [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0025.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Issue LC97: Editorial: Setting Default Values
  - More from Asir [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC97
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005May/0027.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue LC76b: Define "propagate" [.1]
  - Amy incorporated a new definition [.2]:
    '"Propagation" is defined as a best-effort attempt to transmit the
    fault message to its designated recipient.'
  - Proposal to close.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC76b
[.2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-adjuncts.
html#fault-rules

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue LC75c: Remove {safety} property [.1]
  - Awaiting proposal from Umit.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75c

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue LC71: default interface/operation/@pattern [.1]
  - Awaiting proposal from Sanjiva.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC71

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue LC90: XML Schema comment on WSDL 2.0 [.1]
  - Start sketching out problem and solution spaces.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC90

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue LC124: Support of evolution of messages described in Schema
                 1.0 [.1]
  - Start sketching out problem and solution spaces.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC124

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Proposals addressing formal objections.
  - Operation Name Mapping (Sanjiva) [.1]
  - F&P (Glen) [.2]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0134.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Apr/0069.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Operation Name Mapping issues
  - Issue LC82: Operation Name Mapping Requirement Bug [.1]
  - Issue LC84b: Operation Name Mapping Requirement has the wrong
                 granularity [.2] Proposal (Hugo) [.3]
  - Issue LC84c: Operation Name Mapping Requirement doesn't go far 
                 enough [.4]
  - Plan to review ONMR rewrite as Best Practice before tackling 
    these issues.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC82
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC84b
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0035.html
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC84bc

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue LC75x: Complete or remove App D [.1]
  - Need a volunteer to make a proposal

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75x

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue LC74a: I18N Comments, WSDL 2.0 Part I (partial) (a) [.1]
  - URI Style vs. IRI Style
  - Awaiting action from Hugo

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC74a

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue LC117: Problem with Service References:
               elementFormDefault="qualified" prevents restriction [.1]
  - Awaiting actions from Umit, response from WS-A WG?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC117

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue LC64: URI References for Schema Components [.1]
  - Awaiting action from Arthur.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC64

------------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue LC74c: I18N Comments, WSDL 2.0 Part I (partial) (c) [.1]
  - Awaiting action from Amy.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC74c

------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Other issues as time allows.
  - LC76j
  - LC76b
  - LC89j
  - LC98
Received on Tuesday, 10 May 2005 22:11:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:36 GMT