Re: Fw: Question re: WSDL 2.0 and (schema) xs:import

From: Amelia A Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:05:27 -0400
To: "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Cc: ryman@ca.ibm.com, www-ws-desc@w3.org

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:05:07 -0700
"Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com> wrote:
> It's not clear to me that James is mistaken. But as he doesn't
> specifically state whether he is able to *reference* a component from a
> namespace he has not imported I can't really tell whether he's mistaken
> or not.

Since the "example" schemas provided don't actually contain any
declarations, it's impossible to tell.

Certainly, though, if the hypothetical SchemaA contained an element
declaration which referenced a complex type defined in SchemaC or
SchemaD, a conformant XML Schema processor would toss its cookies,
lacking an import in SchemaA for either of those schemas.  That's the
behavior we want for WSDL, as well.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis