RE: Fw: Question re: WSDL 2.0 and (schema) xs:import

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:05:07 -0700
To: "Amelia A Lewis" <alewis@tibco.com>, "Arthur Ryman" <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

It's not clear to me that James is mistaken. But as he doesn't
specifically state whether he is able to *reference* a component from a
namespace he has not imported I can't really tell whether he's mistaken
or not.

James is (I think) looking at this from the perspective of an
*instance*. He has an instance containing elements from namespaces A, B
and C. He can pass schema A (which imports schema B, which imports
schema C ) to his schema validator and it all 'just works'.

He seems to be expecting the same behaviour for WSDL. But in WSDL we're
*referencing* schema components, and we've put the same requirements on
such references (correctly IMO) as those required by XSD.

Gudge