W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > January 2005

[revised] Agenda, 13 January 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:27:30 -0800
Message-ID: <7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A5062EC2C4@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

[New issues, new members.]

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2005Jan/0021.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1a. Welcome new members:
  - Rebecca Bergersen, IONA
  - Tony Rogers, CA
 b. Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Amy Lewis, Jeff Mischkinsky, David Orchard, Asir Vedamuthu, 
      Bijan Parsia, Sanjiva Weerawarana, Hugo Haas, Anish Karmarkar,
      Jacek Kopecky, Prasad Yendluri, David Booth

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Jan 6 [.1]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jan/att-0021/2005010
6-wsdl.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].  Editorial actions [.2].

?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?         2004-09-02: Bijan to create stylesheet to generate a
                      table of components and properties.
?         2004-09-16: Editors to move App C to RDF Mapping spec, 
                      except the frag-id which will move 
                      within media-type reg appendix.
?         2004-09-16: Editors to fix paragraph 6-9 of section 
                      2.1.1 moved into 2.1.2
                      which talks about the syntax.
?         2004-09-30: Arthur to add Z notation to Part 1.
?         2004-10-14: Editors to add a statement like: 
                      The Style property may constrain both 
                      input and output, however a particular 
                      style may constrain in only one 
                      direction. In Section 2.4.1.1 of Part 1.
                      (subsumed by LC21 resolution?)
?         2004-11-09: DBooth and Roberto to describe 
                      option 2 (remove definition of processor 
                      conformance, write up clear guidelines 
                      to developers) (LC5f)
?         2004-11-09: DaveO to work on text for option 
                      3 (redefining conformance in terms 
                      of building the component model) 
                      (LC5f)
?         2004-11-09: DaveO will recast the @compatibleWith 
                      proposal using an extension namespace. 
                      (LC54)
?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva to write the rationale for 
                      rejecting LC75a
?         2004-11-10: Glen will post an e-mail describing 
                      the compromise proposal on formal objections.
?         2004-11-10: Editor remove ambiguity if it exists
?         2004-11-10: Sanjiva will write up this proposal 
                      and email it to the list as a response 
                      to the objection.
?         2004-11-11: Anish to propose additions to the 
                      test suite for the purpose of 
                      interoperability testing.
?         2004-11-11: Editors of part 2 and 3 to add text 
                      about WSDLMEP and SOAP mep mapping that 
                      points to section 2.3 of part 3 (LC48b) 
?         2004-11-18: DBooth to propose text to clarify that 
                      a service must implement everything in 
                      its description.
?         2004-11-18: Mini-task force to propose one or two 
                      proposals for the group for LC5f.
?         2004-12-02: DBooth to draft note clarifying that 
                      (a) optional extension can change the 
                      semantics; and (b) that if semantics are 
                      going to change at runtime, it should be 
                      indicated in the WSDL 
?         2004-12-03: Glen and Asir to help craft the specfic text 
                      for the editors.
?         2004-12-03: Glen to send example on feature stuff for primer
?         2004-12-03: Hugo or JMarsh to write up schema group remarks
?         2004-12-16: Part 3 Editors to update the HTTP binding with 
                      one of the above versions of text
?         2005-01-06: MTD Editors to add note saying content-type
                      is not sufficient, information to be 
                      provided via other mechanism, for 
                      example xsi:type"
?         2005-01-06: MTD editors implement proposal 2 for issue 
                      260.
?         2005-01-06: Umit to respond to Henry asking for lots 
                      of examples on Notation solution.
?         2005-01-06: Umit? to respond to Larry, "not dynamic, 
                      other solutions equally bad, not 
                      recommendation track, if problems
                      happy to consider those"

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/actions.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Jan 19-21 Melbourne, Australia hosted by BEA [.1]
     Wed 19th Break & setup 3PM (time calculator [.2].
     Joint meeting 3:15-5(:30?)PM.
     Thurs, Friday 9-5PM [.3, .4].
  b. Mar 3,4 Boston [.5]
  c. Review of WS-Chor LC [.6]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Nov/0014.html
[.2]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=19&year
=2005&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=152
[.3]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=20&year
=2005&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=152
[.4]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=21&year
=2005&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=152
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TP2005/
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Dec/0029.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Media Type Description issues [.1] (30 min max.)  a. Issue 272
Architectural issues [.2]
    - Awaiting more examples from Henry.
 b. Issue 271 Why is contentType attribute required? [.3]  c. Issue 261
Allow expecteMediaType to contain '*' [.4]
    - proposed resolution [.5]
 d. Issue 262 Value of contentType and the range specified by
    expectedMediaType [.6]
    - proposed resolution [.7]
 e. Issue 263 Lexical and value space of the attributes and XML 
    schema decl [.8]
    - proposed resolution [.9]
 f. Issue 258 Namespace name too long and had dates [.10]
    - proposed resolution [.11]
 g. Issue 270 Normalization for content-type strings [.12]  h. Issue 273
Whitespace significance [.13]  i. Issue 275 Error in example 1 [.14]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#detailList
[.2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-media-types/2004Nov/0011.h
tml
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x271
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x261
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jan/0013.html
[.6] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x262
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jan/0014.html
[.8] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x263
[.9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jan/0015.html
[.10] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x258
[.11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Jan/0007.html
[.12] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x270
[.13] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x273
[.14] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x275

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
  - LC101: message-level binding (Kevin) [.3]
  - wsdlLocation version independence (Jonathan) [.4]
  - @operationStyle (Umit) [.5]
  - David's slide 12 ? [.6]
  - Meaning of WSDL doc ? [.7]
  - LC99: Message Reference Component is Underspecified [.8]
  - LC100: The WSDL 2.0 XSD for Root Element is Too Loose [.9]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0021.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0027.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0038.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0022.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Dec/0024.html
[.8] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC99
[.9] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC100

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue LC5f: QA Review on WSDL 2.0 Part 1, intro and conformance
                issues (f) [.1]
  - Roberto's proposal [.2]
  - No final resolution from FTF, AIs to DBooth/Roberto and DaveO 
    to write up competing proposals
  - Mini-TF to work on a single proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC5f
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Oct/0027.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue LC54: WSDL Last Call issue
  - Awaiting DaveO's further action to cast @compatibleWith as an
    extension

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC54

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue LC50: Message Exchange Patterns -- p2c and/or p2e [.1]
  - Proposed resolution [.2]
  - Definition of node: [.3, .4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC50
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0088.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0070.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0072.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Single interface per service issues:
  - Issue LC73: WSDL Last Call issue [.1]
  - Issue LC75n: WSDL 2.0 Last Call Comments [.2]
  - Issue LC89k: Comments [.3]
  - Roberto's proposal [.4]
    Majority in favor of reopening?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC73
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75n
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC89k
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0094.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Composition Edge Case issues
  - Issue LC20: Feature Composition Edge Cases [.1]
  - Issue LC27: Property Composition Edge Cases [.2]
  - Need Glen's input

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC20
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC27

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue LC24: "ad:mustUnderstand" - ?? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC24

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue LC53: Optional predefined features in Part 2 [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC53

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue LC61f: comments on the wsdl 2.0 working drafts (f) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC61f

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue LC76d: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (Part 2) (d) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC76d

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue LC28: HTTP Transfer Coding and 1.0 [.1]

 [.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC28

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue LC47: Issue: describing the HTTP error text for 
    faults [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC47

------------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue LC52a: Last call review comments (a) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC52a

------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Issue LC60: Can multiple inline schemas have same targetNS? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC60

------------------------------------------------------------------
20. Issue LC74: Idle question [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC74

------------------------------------------------------------------
21. Issue LC75s: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (s) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75s

------------------------------------------------------------------
22. Issue LC75t: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (t) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75t

------------------------------------------------------------------
23. Issue LC75w: WSDL 2.0 LC Comments (w) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC75w

------------------------------------------------------------------
24. Other LC issues as time allows [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hold for future meetings
------------------------------------------------------------------
25. Issue LC74e: I18N Comments, WSDL 2.0 Part I (partial) (e) [.1]
  - Roberto's Proposal [.2], I18N response [.3]
  - Related issues:
    - Issue 75q (drop XML 1.1 support) [.4]
    - Issue 85b (drop abstract data types) [.5]
    - Issue 85c (drop XML 1.1 support) [.6]
  - Postpone till FTF

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC74e
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0044.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Nov/0051.html
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC75q
[.5] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC85b
[.6] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC85c

------------------------------------------------------------------
26. Task Force Status.
 a. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.1]
  - More details from Arthur [.2]
  - Interop bake-off
 b. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.3]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html
Received on Wednesday, 12 January 2005 20:28:04 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:34 GMT