RE: First Class Header Proposals

> I don't understand the purpose of @required either; with your
> element/type declaration, couldn't you express this with minOccurs?

In B, a complex type def is used. required/optional/repeatable is expressed
via minOccurs, maxOccurs in XML Schema.

In A, global element declarations are used. XML Schema does not allow
minOccurs or maxOccurs on top level element declarations (see fragment
below, from schema for schemas). So, I added @required.

> why do we need a mechanism to disable header generation?

This is possible in status quo [2]. I didn't want to drift away from status
quo. I am more than happy to see it go. Makes it simple :-) BTW, this is
recorded as a sub-issue.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/structures.html#normative-schemaSchema
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2005Feb/0018.html

Regards,
Asir S Vedamuthu
asirv at webmethods dot com
http://www.webmethods.com/

Fragment from Schema for Schemas --
<xs:complexType name="topLevelElement">
 <xs:complexContent>
  <xs:restriction base="xs:element">
    <xs:sequence>
     <xs:element ref="xs:annotation" minOccurs="0"/>
     <xs:choice minOccurs="0">
      <xs:element name="simpleType" type="xs:localSimpleType"/>
      <xs:element name="complexType" type="xs:localComplexType"/>
     </xs:choice>
     <xs:group ref="xs:identityConstraint" minOccurs="0"
       maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xs:sequence>
    <xs:attribute name="ref" use="prohibited"/>
    <xs:attribute name="form" use="prohibited"/>
    <xs:attribute name="minOccurs" use="prohibited"/>
    <xs:attribute name="maxOccurs" use="prohibited"/>
    <xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:NCName" use="required"/>
    <xs:anyAttribute namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>
  </xs:restriction>
 </xs:complexContent>