W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > September 2004

Agenda,23 September 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:20:08 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA204EFE811@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Sep/0026.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Jerry Thrasher, Amy Lewis, Youenn Fablet, Prasad Yendluri,
      William Vambenepe, Erik Ackerman, Jean-Jacques Moreau,
      Hugo Haas, Allen Brookes, Glen Daniels, Igor Sedukhin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Sept 9 [.1] 
  - Sept 14-16 FTF [.2, .3, .4] and Summary [.5]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/att-0009/09-Sept
-2004.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0036.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0037.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0038.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0039.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].

?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
DONE [.2] 2004-08-03: Glen to send a message about the mediaType 
                      annotation (attribute/appInfo) to 
                      soapbuilders.
?         2004-08-04: Jonathan to check the policy with AB 
                      and team and perhaps set 
                      up a ML for testing.
DONE [.3] 2004-09-02: David Booth will check on w3c namespace 
                      policy for a stable URL without cvs 
                      string.
DONE      2004-09-09: Marsh to check with MarkN on Issue 198 
                      resolution.
DONE [.4] 2004-09-09: DBooth to suggest resolution to LC5g that 
                      removes the word "class" from 8.3.
?         2004-09-09: Roberto to classify our errors as fatal or 
                      non fatal. (LC5f)
ED?       2004-09-14: Editors to implement resolution to LC5d at 
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0008.html
ED?       2004-09-14: Editors to implement resolution for LC5g as 
                      proposed.
ED?       2004-09-14: Editors to implement resolution to LC5i. 
ED?       2004-09-14: Editors to implement resolution to LC5k. 
?         2004-09-14: Arthur to submit proposal on conformance 
                      requirements for XML serialization (of 
                      WSDL and schema documents)
ED?       2004-09-14: Editors to implement resolution to LC5l.
ED?       2004-09-14: Editors to implement resolution to LC6a.
?         2004-09-14: JMarsh to take issue LC6d to XML Core WG 
ED?       2004-09-14: Editors to make explicit that we're defining 
                      new XPointer fragment schemes. (LC6d)
ED?       2004-09-14: Editors to implement LC7, LC10, LC12, LC15 
                      unless they find problems that require 
                      additional group attention.
ED?       2004-09-15: Editors update spec to clarify our using of 
                      anyURI is actually URI reference except 
                      targetNS (LC8)
DONE [.5] 2004-09-15: Glen to respond to Tim saying yes to his first 
                      question, and pointing out sections 6. (LC9)
ED?       2004-09-15: Editors to clarify spec about operation 
                      name mapping requirements by moving 
                      paragraph preceeding section 2.2.1.1 
                      and whole 2.2.1.1 to service section, 
                      and clear up the text. (LC9)
?         2004-09-15: Arthur to (re)write a subsection of the 
                      spec to show exactly how it looks with 
                      the Zed notation included before next 
                      telecon.
?         2004-09-15: Hugo to investigate potential options for 
                      get the Zed version published in W3C 
                      web site.
ED?       2004-09-15: Editors to add rationale to spec to explain 
                      why no default for binding fault is 
                      defined (no good default codes) (LC29a)
ED?       2004-09-15: Media type editors to change the syntax 
                      to follow the http spec, drop the 
                      pattern facet from the schema, and say 
                      that the format of the string which 
                      follows the appropriate production in 
                      the HTTP RFC (except for not supporting 
                      extensions).
?         2004-09-15: Tom and Anish to figure out the right 
                      words for a more meaningful overview/
                      introduction to the problem we're 
                      trying to solve.
ED?       2004-09-15: Media Type editor to remove last sentence 
                      of 2nd bullet, combine with previous 
                      occurrence (remove redundancy).
ED?       2004-09-15: Media Type editor to make requirements an 
                      OLIST.
ED?       2004-09-15: Media Type editor to clarify binary EII 
                      term, a la "a binary EII is an EII 
                      defined as follows"
ED?       2004-09-15: Media Type editor to have at least one 
                      example which uses the Full syntax 
                      instead of the convenience types.
ED?       2004-09-15: Media Type editor to remove colon from 2nd 
                      para of 3.1.
ED?       2004-09-15: Editors to implement a fix for LC29c similar 
                      to the fix for LC29a.
ED?       2004-09-15: Editors to add as 1st bullet of 3.8.1.1 that 
                      it is an error for instance documents to have 
                      elements with xsi:nil=true. (LC29e)
ED?       2004-09-15: Editors to change first bullet of section 
                      3.8.1.1. to say "Uncited non-nil elements 
                      with a possibly empty single value are 
                      serialized ..." (LC29e)
?         2004-09-15: Jonathan to ask XForms folks to review 
                      WSDL.
DONE [.6] 2004-09-15: Jonathan to split 29g to two issues: first one 
                      to be tagged editorial, 2nd (29h) to 
                      be closed as no need to do it.
ED?       2004-09-15: Editors to implement editorial issues 29g, 32, 
                      34a, 35, 36, 39 and 40 or come back to 
                      the WG with questions.
ED?       2004-09-16: Editors to move App C to RDF Mapping spec, 
                      except the frag-id which will move 
                      within media-type reg appendix.
ED?       2004-09-16: Editors to fix paragraph 6-9 of section 
                      2.1.1 moved into 2.1.2
                      which talks about the syntax.
DONE [.7] 2004-09-16: Arthur to write up his proposal to rename 
                      'defintions' to 'description'.
?         2004-09-16: Glen to contact Bob Cunnings regarding 
                      planning for CR bake-offs.
ED?       2004-09-16: Editors to add links to component designators 
                      to sections where we note QName is 
                      insufficient. (LC34a)
?         2004-09-16: Arthur will scrub the proposed syntax and 
                      create Features and properties syntax. 
                      (LC34b)
ED?       2004-09-16: Editors to implement the restriction that 
                      feature and property URIs must be unique 
                      in a scope. (LC34b)
ED?       2004-09-16: Arthur to revamp table C-1 with component 
                      names (LC34c)
ED?       2004-09-16: App C editors to rework table to be more 
                      readable when new components are added.(LC34d)
ED?       2004-09-16: Editors to remove 'default' from text 
                      in bullet item "HTTP Method Selection" (LC33)
ED?       2004-09-16: Editors to redo Part 3 Section 3.6.4 
                      to accommodate method and input serialization 
                      defaults.  (LC37)
?         2004-09-16: Hugo to get a URI to use for DTD example 
                      in Appendix E.1 (LC38)
ED?       2004-09-16: Editors to add whttp:location to section 2.1, 
                      the binding operation element (same place 
                      as whttp:defaultTransferCoding)  (LC12)
ED?       2004-09-16: Editors to change use of HTTP Operation 
                      Component to something like Binding Operation 
                      Component augmented by HTTP properties. (LC13)
ED?       2004-09-16: Editors fix the places described in issue 14 
                      to say the value is the component. (LC14)
ED?       2004-09-16: Editors to remove the sentence "Thus, 
                      an interface defines the design of the 
                      application" in section 2.2.1 (LC16)
?         2004-09-16: Jonathan to record proposed resolution in 
                      the issues list. (LC17)
?         2004-09-16: Glen to CC Asir on mail to Marc re: SOAP modules 
                      and features (LC18)

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0014.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0010.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0008.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Sep/0032.html
[.6]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html?view=wg#LC29g
[.7]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2004Sep/0025
.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. - November 9-11 (Sunnyvale, CA) registration .1], logistics [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/WSD0411/
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-11-f2f.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  New (non-LC) Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - none

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.h
tml

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Last Call Issues [.1].  Comments list [.2]
  - Many new issues, up to LC47

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Media Type Description [.1] Last Call status
  - To do:
    - complete all edits.
    - notify XMLP WG
    - prepare for Last Call

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/media-types/xml-media-t
ypes.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue LC5f: QA Review on WSDL 2.0 Part 1, intro and conformance
issues (f) [.1]
  - Awaiting Roberto's action

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/issues.html#LC5f 

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue LC6d: QA Review on WSDL 2.0 Part 1, Technical comments (d)
[.1]
  - Awaiting Jonathan's action

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC6d

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue LC29b: Review of WSDL 2.0 Pt 3 Last Call WD (b) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC29b

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue LC29d: Review of WSDL 2.0 Pt 3 Last Call WD (d) [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC29bd

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue LC30: use of provider agent & requestor agent terms in 
    the spec [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC30

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue LC31: WSDL conformance & XML Schema conformance [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC31

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue LC41: Clarification for use of xs:include [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC41

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue LC42: error in part 2, section 3.1.4 [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC42

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue LC43: Rename <definitions> to <description> [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC43

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue LC45: Part 3 section 3.6.2: {http location} not 
    necessarily a template [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC45

------------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue LC47: Issue: describing the HTTP error text for 
    faults [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC47

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hold for future meetings
------------------------------------------------------------------
19. @compatibleWith proposal (DaveO)
  - Discussed at FTF [.1], with no resolution
  - DaveO to post slides or proposal summary?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Aug/0056.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
20. SOAP 1.1 Binding
  - First draft [.1]
  - Modified Part 3 with soap:version [.2]
  - Modified Schema for SOAP in WSDL 2.0 [.3]
  
[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-soap11-bi
nding.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
[.2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/mod-wsdl20-bindi
ngs.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
[.3]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/mod-wsdl20-soap.
xsd

------------------------------------------------------------------
21. Task Force Status.
 a. Media type description
  - 1st Working Draft Published [.1]
 b. MTOM/XOP
  - Last Call Published [.2]
 c. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.3]
  - More details from Arthur [.4]
  - Interop bake-off
 d. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-media-types-20040608/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0052.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html
Received on Tuesday, 21 September 2004 20:20:50 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:32 GMT