Last Call issue: How does the Operation Name Mapping Requirement (Part 1, section 2.2.1.1) relate to interface inheritance?

From: Tim Ewald <tewald@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:54:00 +0000
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
I'd like to see further clarification of the relationship between the
Operation Name Mapping Requirement (Part 1, section 2.2.1.1) and
interface inheritance (Part 1, section 2.2.1). Specifically, I have
three questions:

Can a derived interface meet the Operation Name Mapping Requirement
using a mechanism different from the mechanism(s) used by its base
interface(s)?

If not, is it a requirement that a derived interface only extend base
interfaces that use the same mechanism to meet the Operation Name
Mapping Requirement?

If so, is it then the case that a single derived interface can not
extend multiple base interfaces that use different mechanisms to meet
the Operation Name Mapping Requirement?

Thanks,
Tim-