Issues 76c: sending of fault messages

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:00:33 -0800
To: Amelia A Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Hi Amy.

We discussed yesterday issue 76c[1] about fault messages in the MEPs
we define.

The Group's understanding was that, at the MEP level, the description
of the message exchange was clearly to send back a fault, but that a
binding may want to allow an agent not to send the fault, e.g. for
optimization purposes.

Is that correct?

If so, we should clarify this and consider it in the context of our
SOAP 1.2 binding, which is being called out in the issue.

Cheers,

Hugo

  1. http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC76c
--