W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > May 2004

Agenda, 27 May 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:38:35 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA203BBD60C@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004May/0005.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Erik Ackerman, Adi Sakala, Arthur Ryman, Tom Jordahl,
      William Vambenepe, Prasad Yendluri, Jean-Jacques Moreau

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - May 13th [.1] (Corrected)
  - May 19-21 FTF [.2, .3, .4] and Summary [.5]
  - QA TF Notes [.6]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/att-0081/040513-
ws-desc-irc.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0075.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0074.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0073.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0072.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0069.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2004-01-28: Philippe and JMarsh will look at the ipr for 
                      test suite.
?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?         2004-04-29: Part 1 editors to adopt Jacek's "purpose of the 
                      binding" text, without "interchangeable"
                      endpoints, and using "confidentiality" (or 
                      similar) instead of TLS.
DONE [.6] 2004-05-06: JJM to incorporate this proposal (SOAP 1.2 
                      Binding) after removing parts that are relevant
                      to media type and intermediary 
DONE [.5] 2004-05-13: Dave Orchard to produce proposal for expressing
                      Transfer-coding as an HTTP property for F2F.
?         2004-05-19: Media type editors to implement these 
                      resolutions prior to publication.
DONE [.4] 2004-05-19: Umit to communicate to XMLP the above issues 
                      and resolutions.  
DONE [.3] 2004-05-19: Glen to write an example of expressing MTOM in 
                      WSDL using f&p and send it to the XMLP WG.  
                      (Issue 72)
?         2004-05-19: Editors to include in the primer an example 
                      that uses MTOM.  (Issue 72)
DONE [.2] 2004-05-19: Editors to remove soap:header.  (Issue 96)
DONE [.2] 2004-05-19: Editors to fix 2.2.2 to allow other protocols.
                      (Issue 181)
?         2004-05-19: Editors to make propogation of modules and f&p
                      use the nearing enclosing scope.  (Issue 180)
?         2004-05-19: Editors to fix component model to remove 
                      default* properties, use mapping from syntax 
                      instead.  (Issue 182)
?         2004-05-20: Editors to incorporate Hugo's full potato 
                      proposal.  (Issue 54)
?         2004-05-20: David Orchard to update HTTP binding to 
                      include discussion of how to generate an 
                      accepts header from schema annotations 
                      conformant to the media types extension 
                      document, and to use outputSerialization 
                      based on that information.  
?         2004-05-20: Editors to incorporate http:{properties} into 
                      binding.
?         2004-05-21: Sanjiva to implement the resolution that 
                      @soapaction not there means no soapaction.  
                      (Issue 1)
?         2004-05-21: Part 2 Editors to add such a statement. 
                      (Issue 191)
?         2004-05-21: Part 3 Editors to add a statement to relate 
                      each of the two soap meps to wsdl meps. 
                      (Issue 191)
DONE [.2] 2004-05-21: Editors to remove the {web method} property 
                      from the component model (and related syntax,
                      including defaulting syntax).  (Issue 190)
?         2004-05-21: Editors to add ednotes to the spec to 
                      indicate areas that had contention.  (Issue 
                      190)
?         2004-05-21: Editors to remove @separator from HTTP 
                      binding.  (Issue 190)
?         2004-05-21: DaveO to write up a scenario to motivate path
                      creation on a per-operation basis.  (Issue 
                      190)
?         2004-05-21: Editors to write up that we allow 
                      http:version etc. in the soap binding when 
                      the protocol is http.  (Issue 190)
DONE [.2] 2004-05-21: Editors to update part 1 to add optional 
                      /service/endpoint/@address  (Issue 188)
DONE [.2] 2004-05-21: Editors to update part 3 to remove 
                      soap:address and http:address and update 
                      binding details accordingly.  (Issue 188)
?         2004-05-21: Editors to update part 3 to say that for SOAP 
                      Response MEPs the URI will be generated 
                      following the HTTP binding rules for 
                      generating a URI (for GET).  (Issue 61)
?         2004-05-21: Editors to update soap binding default rules 
                      to allow use of MTOM. (Issue 184)
?         2004-05-21: Amy to provide wording to go into spec to say 
                      that our bindings only support the identified 
                      MEPs but others can be handled if appropriate 
                      rules are defined elsewhere.  (Issue 155)

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0078.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0077.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2004May/0054.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0053.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0057.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Upcoming FTFs
     - August 2-4 (London)
       Logistics [.3], registration [.4].
     - September 14-16 (Toronto) [.5]
  b. Review of I18N WS Task Force documents [.6]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-05-f2f.htm
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/WSD0405/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-08-f2f.htm
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Mar/0064.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004May/0000.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0034.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Media type description
  - Seek WG approval to publish 1st Working Draft [.4]
 b. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.1]
  - More details from Arthur [.2]
 c. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.3]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0082.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - none recorded (I will catalog Mark N's issues soon).

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue 130: Need async request/response HTTP binding [.1]
  - David Orchard's Async proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x130
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0029.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue 154: Multi-part post in HTTP binding [.1]
  - Slated to revisit after MTOM/XOP support was complete.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x154

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue 166: Binding of Faults in HTTP Binding [.1]
  - Hugo's proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x166
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0032.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 189: Binding message content to URI [.1]
  - Is this DaveO's action item?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x189

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 158: Setting HTTP headers in the HTTP binding [.1]
  - ADD related.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x158

------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution of the above issues completes Part 3!!
------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 112: New headers/body style? [.1]
  - ADD proposal [.2]
  - friendly amendment [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x112
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0167.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0170.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. XML 1.1 issues (time permitting)
  - Issue 174: Tie WSDL conformance to XML conformance? [.1]
  - Issue 175: Is it valid for a XML 1.1 document to import or 
               include a XML 1.0 document (and vice versa)? [.2]
  - Issue 176: Can a WSDL 2.0 XML 1.1 document contain (or 
               reference), a XML Schema 1.0 type description? [.3]
  - Issue 177: Normative dependence on XML Schema 1.0 precludes 
               XML 1.1 [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x174
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x175
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x176
[.4] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x177

------------------------------------------------------------------
Scheduled for future telcons
------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Effort to simplify our spec.
  - DavidB [.1] and Jonathan [.2] have provided some data points.
  - Arthur's suggestion [.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0162.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0006.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0028.html
Received on Wednesday, 26 May 2004 17:39:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:31 GMT