W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > May 2004

Agenda, 13 May 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:50:46 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA2039778E4@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004May/0005.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Jeff Mischkinsky, Glen Daniels, Roberto Chinnici, Amy Lewis, 
      Erik Ackerman, Adi Sakala, Arthur Ryman

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - May 6th [.1]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/att-0035/minutes
-2004-05-06.html
  
--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2004-01-28: Philippe and JMarsh will look at the ipr for 
                      test suite.
DONE [.2] 2004-02-12: DaveO to produce a refined proposal for Asynch 
                      HTTP binding addressing the concerns of folks 
                      that object to leaving replyTo info out of WSDL.
?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
DONE [.3] 2004-04-29: Arthur to write up concerns about XML 1.1 
                      implications on WSDL 2.0 for potential 
                      forwarding to XML WG.
?         2004-04-29: Umit to work with Anish to create a working 
                      draft on media types ready for our May F2F 
                      meeting in NYC.
?         2004-04-29: Part 1 editors to adopt Jacek's "purpose of the 
                      binding" text, without "interchangeable"
                      endpoints, and using "confidentiality" (or 
                      similar) instead of TLS.
?         2004-05-06: JJM to incorporate this proposal (SOAP 1.2 
                      Binding) after removing parts that are relevant
                      to media type and intermediary 
DONE      2004-05-06: Marsh to draft David O or Hugo to write up a 
                      proposal for describing the requirement & 
                      capabilities bucket of http features 
?         2004-05-06: Part 3 editors to incorporate Sanjiva's @value
                      proposal.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0029.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0032.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Non-renewing members:
     - Mike Davoren (W. W. Grainger)
     - Mike McHugh (W. W. Grainger)
     - Dan Kulp (IONA)
     - Michael Mealling (Verisign)
     - Mike Ballantyne (EDS)
     - Waqar Sadiq (EDS)
  b. Upcoming FTFs
     - May 19, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
       May 20, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
               1:30 PM - 3:30 PM testing task force meeting?
       May 21, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
       Hosted by IBM in NYC [.1], registration open [.2]
       (Sorry, no draft agenda yet).
     - August 2-4 (London)
       Logistics [.3], registration [.4].
     - September 14-16 (Toronto) [.5]
  c. Review of I18N WS Task Force documents [.6]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-05-f2f.htm
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34041/WSD0405/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-08-f2f.htm
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Mar/0064.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004May/0000.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0034.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Media type description
  - Draft of first WD for WG approval by May FTF.
 b. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.1]
  - More details from Arthur [.2]
 c. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.3]

[.1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - Track operation safety (TAG) [.2]
  - Normative dependence on XML Schema 1.0 precludes XML 1.1 (JJM) [.3]
  - Can a WSDL 2.0 XML 1.1 document contain (or reference), a XML Schema
1.0 type description? [.3]
  - Is it valid for a XML 1.1 document to import or include a XML 1.0
document (and vice versa)? (Paul) [.4]
  - Tie WSDL conformance to XML conformance? (Arthur) [.5]
  - Convert nested subcodes into a flat list (attribute) (Paul) [.6]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0028.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0011.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0012.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0032.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0022.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue 54: Allow binding to any HTTP method [.1]
  - Hugo's original proposal [.2]
  - DaveO's original proposal [.3]
  - Hugo's combined proposal [.4]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x54
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0042.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0055.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0093.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  HTTP [optimization] properties [.1]:
  - Summary:
    + HTTP Version
    + Content coding
    + Transfer Codings (Chunked encoding)
    + Caching (Vary, etc.)
    + Content Negotiation ?
  - David's original analysis [.2]
  - David Content coding is more than optimization [.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0019.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0083.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0027.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  HTTP [client requirements] properties [.1]:
  - Summary:
    + Authentication (and related parameters)
    + SSL
    + Cookies
    + Content Negotiation ?
  - David's original analysis [.2]
  - David's initial proposal [.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0020.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0083.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004May/0030.html


------------------------------------------------------------------
10. XML 1.1 issues (see new issues)

------------------------------------------------------------------
HTTP Features - Scheduled for future telcons, dependent on overall
                review of HTTP features.
------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 165: Adding HTTPS support [.1]
  - Still debating whether to put a specific marker in the binding 
    re: https (probably delay this; group with other HTTP features.)

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x165

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 147: HTTP binding uses static content-type header [.1]
  - "... we can today describe operations using messages 
    consisting in XHTML or SVG documents. Using the HTTP binding, 
    these messages will have the "application/xml" mime type 
    while it would be more appropriate to use more precise mime 
    types ("application/xhtml+xml" or "image/svg+xml" for
    instance). Therefore, it might be good to be able to set the 
    mime type to use for a given message, at least at the HTTP 
    binding level ..."

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x147

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 55: Define binding to HTTP headers [.1]
  - Do we want such capability?

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x55

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue 56: Define means to specify an authentication requirement [.1]
  - attempt to clarify commentor's intent

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x56
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0033.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue 164: Support for HTTP chunking and other HTTP options [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x164

------------------------------------------------------------------
Scheduled for future telcons
------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Effort to simplify our spec.
  - DavidB [.1] and Jonathan [.2] have provided some data points.
  - Arthur's suggestion [.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0162.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0006.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0028.html
Received on Wednesday, 12 May 2004 18:51:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:31 GMT