RE: proposal: minor syntax improvement for soap fault bindings

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 10:14:10 +0100
To: <pyendluri@webmethods.com>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
thanks! i further suggest applying Jacek's rule of never
having an element or attribute called 'value' and hoist the
code and subcode attributes into fault meaning:
    <fault ref="xs:QName" >
      <documentation />?
      <wsoap:code>
        <wsoap:value>xs:QName</wsoap:value>
        <wsoap:subcode>
          <wsoap:value>xs:QName</wsoap:value>
          <wsoap:subcode>...</wsoap:subcode>
        </wsoap:subcode>?
      </wsoap:code>
    </fault>*
becomes:
    <fault ref="xs:QName"
         wsoap:code="xs:QName"
         wsoap:subcodes="list of xs:QName" />
      <documentation />?
    </fault>*
downside is we can no longer document individual fault codes,
but that seems to be no great loss to me since this is all
about grouping and routing codes to a meaningful interface fault.
Paul