Re: Normative vs Non-normative Notes (was Re: Other suggested editorial changes)

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@systinet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:21:40 +0100
To: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Cc: WS-Description WG <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

David, others,

I favor option b - all notes being non-normative. The notes you
identified as carrying what was intended as normative text should be
rephrased as normal paragraphs, not notes.

I see notes as clarifications of intention behind some spec text, or as
human-readable explanations of some particularly obscure pieces of
specese. Intentions are not normative, explanations are redundant and
therefore should not be normative either.

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Systinet Corporation
                   http://www.systinet.com/