W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > June 2004

[Draft] Agenda, 24 June 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:09:36 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA204051110@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: "Web Services Description" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

[Running out of time to fill out the agenda with links, I'll do more
tomorrow.  We'll go for 2 hours again if necessary.]

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Jun/0034.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Erik Ackerman, Adi Sakala, Jean-Jacques Moreau, Umit Yalcinalp,
      Igor Sedukhin, Dale Moberg, Paul Downey, Hugo Haas

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - June 17 [.1] 

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0192.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?ED       2004-04-29: Part 1 editors to adopt Jacek's "purpose of the 
                      binding" text, without "interchangeable"
                      endpoints, and using "confidentiality" (or 
                      similar) instead of TLS.
?ED       2004-05-19: Editors to include in the primer an example 
                      that uses MTOM.  (Issue 72) 
?ED       2004-05-19: Editors to make propogation of modules and f&p
                      use the nearing enclosing scope.  (Issue 180)
?ED       2004-05-19: Editors to fix component model to remove 
                      default* properties, use mapping from syntax 
                      instead.  (Issue 182)
?ED       2004-05-20: Editors to incorporate Hugo's full potato 
                      proposal.  (Issue 54)
?ED       2004-05-20: David Orchard to update HTTP binding to 
                      include discussion of how to generate an 
                      accepts header from schema annotations 
                      conformant to the media types extension 
                      document, and to use outputSerialization 
                      based on that information.  
?ED       2004-05-20: Editors to incorporate http:{properties} into 
                      binding.
?ED       2004-05-21: Sanjiva to implement the resolution that 
                      @soapaction not there means no soapaction.  
                      (Issue 1)
?ED       2004-05-21: Part 3 Editors to add a statement to relate 
                      each of the two soap meps to wsdl meps. 
                      (Issue 191)
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to add ednotes to the spec to 
                      indicate areas that had contention.  (Issue 
                      190)
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to remove @separator from HTTP 
                      binding.  (Issue 190)
?         2004-05-21: DaveO to write up a scenario to motivate path
                      creation on a per-operation basis.  (Issue 
                      190)
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to write up that we allow 
                      http:version etc. in the soap binding when 
                      the protocol is http.  (Issue 190) 
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to update part 3 to say that for SOAP 
                      Response MEPs the URI will be generated 
                      following the HTTP binding rules for 
                      generating a URI (for GET).  (Issue 61)
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to update soap binding default rules 
                      to allow use of MTOM. (Issue 184)
?ED       2004-05-27: Editors to add http:faultSerialization 
                      attribute.
?         2004-05-27: DaveO will write up better description of 
                      this issue (189).
?         2004-06-10: Jacek to review XMLP specs.
?ED       2004-06-10: Editors should correct issues 208, 213, 
                      215, come back to WG if there are any 
                      questions.
?         2004-06-17: alewis to champion 197.
?         2004-06-17: markN to put together strawman for 210.
?         2004-06-17: markN to identify where clarification is 
                      needed for 211.
?         2004-06-17: PaulD to propose text for part 1 to cover 218.
?         2004-06-17: jmarsh to draft proposal to make wsdl strings 
                      refer to xml 1.1 and clarifying note.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editor action to check that multiple style 
                      values are allowed.
?         2004-06-17: Mark to make a proposal for issue 212 on the 
                      list.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to adopt Mark's proposal for 216, but 
                      reword using MUST.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to incorporate editorial fix addressing 
                      issue 222.
?         2004-06-17: Mark come up with a proposal for extension 
                      property namespacing.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to incorporate proposed resolution for 
                      223 and 224.
DONE [.2] 2004-06-17: Marsh to forward Issue 207 proposal to XMLP WG.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to incorporate David Booth's clarification

                      in section 8.3.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2004Jun/0055.html
(?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. - August 2-4 (London)
       Logistics [.1], registration [.2].
     - September 14-16 (Toronto) [.3]
     - November (West Coast) investigating webMethods Sunnyvale, CA.
  b. WSDL 2.0 Last Call game plan [.5]
     - 2 hour telcons for this and next week.  Sorry about Canada Day...

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-08-f2f.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Mar/0064.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004May/0000.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0109.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0108.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Media type description
  - 1st Working Draft Published [.1]
 b. MTOM/XOP
  - Last Call Published [.2]
 c. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.3]
  - More details from Arthur [.4]
  - Interop bake-off
 d. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-media-types-20040608/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0052.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - Mark N's comments [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0138.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue 130: Need async request/response HTTP binding [.1]
  - Revived proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x130
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0205.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue 167: Synchronize pseudo-schema [.1]
  - Jonathan's summary of state [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x167
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0207.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue 157: f&p at the service level [.1]
  - Glen's proposal [.2] - simply allow f&p markup in <service>
  - Hugo's proposal [.3] to also allow f&p markup in <endpoint>

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x157
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0186.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0046.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 160: Formalize processing model [.1]
  - Jacek's proposal [.2]
  - Jonathan's interpretation of Jacek's proposal [.3] 

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x160
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0121.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0206.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 169: Syntax for webMethod - property or attribute? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x169

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 209: Reference frag ids from media type registration [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x209

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 214: Refine "properties" terminology [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x214

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue 219: Actual value vs. normalized value [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x219

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue 220: Document interface extension semantics [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x220

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue 225: Non-XML type system extensibility. [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x225

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue 112: New headers/body style? [.1]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x112

------------------------------------------------------------------
Leftovers:
------------------------------------------------------------------
18. XML 1.1 issues
  - Issue 177: Normative dependence on XML Schema 1.0 precludes 
               XML 1.1 [.1]
  - ACTION: jmarsh to draft proposal to make wsdl strings 
            refer to xml 1.1 and clarifying note.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x177

------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Issue 212: Explain using bindings across all operations [.1]
  - ACTION: Mark to make a proposal for issue 212 on the list.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x212
Received on Tuesday, 22 June 2004 17:09:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:31 GMT