HTTP binding and interface operation MEP

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:37:07 +0200
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Hi.

I realized that our HTTP binding doesn't say much about the
relationship with the interface operation MEP:
- GET, POST, PUT and DELETE need In-Only, Robust In-Only, or In-Out.
- URI and multipart styles require the same.

I believe that the HTTP binding only makes sense with In-Only, Robust
In-Only, In-Out, independent of which HTTP method or style used.

So I think that we should be saying that the HTTP binding can only be
used for operations using the In-Only, Robust In-Only, or In-Out MEP.

A direct consequence would be to remove the "Message Patterns" column
in table 3-2.

Regards,

Hugo

--