RE: Action Item 2004-07-01 Solution to 168/R114

From: Jim Webber <Jim.Webber@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 01:15:37 +0100
To: "WS Description List" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Umit:

> 	I'm +1 to leaving dispatching out of band on the basis that
> 	its the server's business to know how to dispatch and the WSDL
> 	is what the server has decided to tell *the client*. There's no
> 	need for the server to tell the client how *it* does
> its internal
> 	work.
>
> A big -1. It is a problem for interop.

Could you elaborate on why? If I send you a message (one that you have
advertised that you understand), you can use the that message plus any
other data/knowledge you have internally to decide where to dispatch it.
I don't want to know or need to know how you dispatch this, just that
the message is processed somehow (which is described by the
"processMessage" or "processThis" architectural model [1] very nicely).

Jim
--
http://jim.webber.name

[1] http://www.markbaker.ca/2002/09/Blog/2004/04/10