Re: Action Item 2004-07-01 Solution to 168/R114

<paul.downey@bt.com> writes:

> However, i do worry that a customer could in this scenario send
> 'location' to an endpoint and instead of calling 'getTempAtLocation'
> unintentionally invokes 'nukeLocation'.
>
> i'm also concerned that the sender may be expecting '32°C' in response
> but instead receives 'DEFCON 1'.
>
> can you reassure me this isn't going to happen in practice?

I can assure you that at least the Web service offered by the
Sri Lankan military won't offer the getTemperatureOfTheNuke()
and nukeLocation() in the same interface. Oops, now I let it out
that we have 'em too .. damn we are now a part of the axis of
evil. Oops. Well ok maybe only until November ;-).

Now, if the British military *did* indeed put those operations
at the same URL, don't you think they deserve what they get?

Sanjiva.