messageReference semantics on binding

From: Yaron Goland <ygoland@bea.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:02:35 -0800
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

The messageReference semantics on bindings have me a bit confused.

I think that what is intended is that the value of the messageReference
attribute on a binding is to point to a role name in a MEP and in so doing
indirectly associate the binding input/output XML element with its
counterpart in the interface definition.

But the language currently in the spec in section 2.10 makes no mention of
MEPs at all, rather it talks about the interface definition itself. If the
intention is to relate the binding and interface input/output elements via
the role in the MEP then wouldn't it make sense to more clearly spell this
out in section 2.10?

If that isn't the intention, then what is it?

	Thanks,

		Yaron