Re: Incorporating Service References in Part1

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:03:14 +0600
To: "Umit Yalcinalp" <umit.yalcinalp@oracle.com>, "WS Description List" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

"Umit Yalcinalp" <umit.yalcinalp@oracle.com> writes:
> As I was re-reading the specification, it has come to my attention that
> the current specification does not reflect the decisions we made at the
> last f2f[1]. I should add a clarification to the last resolution in [1]
> because we have agreed that wsdl:ServiceType and derived types from it
> are allowed to be a reference per discussions on Roberto's analysis [2]
> in order to fix interface attribute.

Hmm. I don't recall us deciding to accept the service reference approach
you were advocating .. but I will go back and read the minute to
refresh my memory (still getting back to normal from the break :)).

> I would like to ask the editors of Part 1 as well as the Primer to
> clarify who is chartered to do provide the writeups and the timelines we
> can expect to see the changes.  I will be more than happy to provide the
> paragraph and/or examples in question, if need be.

Also note that the publication was up-to-date to the point that
the editors could manage during the available timeframe. I think
you know that ..

> It may well be that the service refs are already integrated to some
> version that is in the repository, but I am not seeing them as the URL
> from the wg's page is to the editor's copy (dated 2004/01/06) and that
> document does not define service references. If that is the case, can
> the wg's page be updated to reflect the correct URL please.

AFAIK there's nothing other than the published versions and the
editor's drafts.