Re: Marking operations safe

* Paul Denning <pauld@mitre.org> [2004-02-27 09:41-0500]
> At 04:37 AM 2004-02-27, Hugo Haas wrote:
> >The safeness and idempotency of a Web service request are independent
> >from the binding used, so it makes sense to express them at the
> >operation level. Since an operation could involve any MEP, we need to
> >specify that we are talking here about state from the service's point
> >of view.
>
> The SOAP 1.2 Web method feature [1] implies both safe and idempotent when
> the property value is GET.
>
> Has WSDWG come up with a way to use the web method feature in WSDL?

I had considered it as a third option in my proposal: using the WMF to
qualify operations. It is a different way to qualify them as safe
and/or idempotent, with some additional semantics.

However, I removed it from my email as I was told that the WG had this
discussion, and had decided that it wasn't the way to go with this
particular requirement.

Regards,

Hugo

--