Re: Comments on WebArch

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:48:39 -0500
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Cc: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>

In http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0180.html JMarsh
wrote:
>4.2.2: "Good practice: Namespace policy - Format designers SHOULD
>document change policies for XML namespaces."
>
>Relates to our versioning issue: How do we allow WSDL users to
>communicate the change policies for their namespaces (even though they
>aren't strictly XML namespaces)?

Put it in the namespace document, per the WebArch's other advice on
namespace documents:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-webarch-20031209/#namespace-docs
[[
Good practice: Namespace documents
Resource owners who publish an XML namespace name SHOULD make available
material intended for people to read and material optimized for software
agents in order to meet the needs of those who will use the namespace
vocabulary.
]]

--
David Booth