RE: 2004-02-12 Action Item: Clarification to the OperationName feature

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:07:13 -0500
To: Jim.Webber@newcastle.ac.uk
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org

In-Reply-To=<37E80E80B681A24B8F768D607373CA801CD21F@largo.campus.ncl.ac.uk>
References=<37E80E80B681A24B8F768D607373CA801CD21F@largo.campus.ncl.ac.uk>

> > I'm not sure whether having the Operation Name in the message
> > is always necessary
>
> +1 to that. To paraphrase a regularly paraphrased phrase: "The first
> thing you have to learn is that there is no operation."

Well, there is an operation, because the message is requesting that
*something* be done, no?  Not including it in the message just makes
the message less self-descriptive than the alternative of putting the
operation name in it.  I like self-descriptiveness, so I want to see
it there.

Of course, you could use a generic method. 8-)

Mark.