re: WSD WG requests to XML Schema WG

From: David RR Webber - XML ebusiness <Gnosis_@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:25:08 -0500
To: "INTERNET:w3c-xml-schema-ig@w3.org" <w3c-xml-schema-ig@w3.org>
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org

Dave,

If you want a solution that works right today - then I'd suggest
you use the OASIS CAM toolset.

It can do exactly what you want here in your example
below - as is.

There is an open source jCAM processor available from
 http://jcam.org.uk

The OASIS CAM TC spec' is about to go to Committee Draft
and we anticipate full OASIS status within two months - so
CAM is very stable and proven at this point - we've been
working this for two years (feels almost W3Cish!).

Also - longer term - using CAM prevents you having to make
unnatural tinkering to schema design tools - since what
you are really talking about here is context driven content
models.  CAM is designed to provide that - layered on top
of schema - so its a natural extension to your toolset.

You can even configure UML production rules to output
straight to CAM if you wish from a structure diagram.

The OASIS CAM TC also has introductory brochures, PPTs,
and sample templates available - along with tools, etc.

 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/cam

Enjoy, DW.
Message text written by INTERNET:w3c-xml-schema-ig@w3.org
>This looks like:

<name>
        <first>Dave</first>
        <last>Orchard</last>
</name>

<name>
        <first>Dave</first>
        <last>Orchard</last>
        <middle>Bryce</middle>
</name>

<name>
        <first>Dave</first>
        <last>Orchard</last>
        <middle>Bryce</middle>
        <suffix>II</suffix>
</name>
We want these 3 of these documents to be valid against the 3 schemas. <