RE: WSDL Import/Include Locations

From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:28:14 -0500
To: "WS-Description WG" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Gudge,

I think we need to specify that it is an error to import or include two
inequivalent definitions of the same component. A processor should
therefore not non-deterministically ignore imports since that will lead to
noninteroperability, i.e. one vendor may ignore an incompatible definition
while another raises it as an error.

In general, I think we need to tradeoff flexibility in favour of
interoperability, which means that we need to specify behavoir more
tightly.

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: 905-413-3077, TL 969-3077