Re: Message attribute optional

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@systinet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:20:29 +0100
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Cc: WS-Description WG <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

Ooops, somewhat clashing with my proposal at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Feb/0110.html

I forgot about the case where WSDL wants to specify that the body will
be empty. So now we have three scenarios:

1) empty body
2) body containing a single element according to a given schema element
declaration
3) body containing anything at all

we could add

4) body containing data according to a given schema type definition

and that would subsume both 1 and 3. But in fact we've decided before to
only keep element="..." and to drop type="...". Do we special-case
scenarios 1 and/or 3 or do we revisit the decision on scenario 4?

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Systinet Corporation
                   http://www.systinet.com/