Re: Second level xs:import

From: Amelia A Lewis <alewis@tibco.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 10:35:15 -0500
To: ygoland@bea.com
Cc: pyendluri@webmethods.com, www-ws-desc@w3.org

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 17:33:06 -0800
Yaron Goland <ygoland@bea.com> wrote:
> For example, section 4.2 has the follow explanatory paragraph "
> Specifically it can be used to import components from WSDL
> descriptions that do not share a target namespace with the importing
> document. Components in imported descriptions are part of the
> component model of the importing description. The imported components
> can be referenced by QName. Using the import construct is a necessary
> condition for making components from another namespace available to a
> WSDL description. That is, a WSDL description cannot refer to
> components in a namespace other that the target namespace unless an
> import statement for that namespace is present. "
>
> If the previous paragraph is appropriate for the core spec and not for
> the primer then why is the text I proposed inappropriate for the core
> spec?

Because the text above defines how WSDL works.  The proposed text, which
is an excellent clarification of how schema works, defines how W3C XML
Schema works.  We're the WSD WG, not the XSD WG.  Helping people to
understand schema may be useful for us, but it ain't our job.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis
Architect, TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.